30.8

NEW YORK CITY

"Why are we traveling like this again?" Roman asks as they ride in the back of a fish truck.
"Because Dom took God's Eye, so we need to stay off the grid," Tej answers him as he rolls his eyes.
"But like this?" Roman asks as the back door of the truck opens to reveal a fish market. "Look here, man. Before I throw up in my mouth, let me ask you, what are we doing here?"
"That's a good question, Roman," Little Nobody says as he leads the way through the fish market. "Let me show you." Little Nobody stops in front of a big door before glancing back at Roman. "Welcome to our new base of operations."
"No, seriously," Letty says in amazement as the door opens to reveal several sports cars. "What is this place?"
"This is heaven," Tej says as they look at the rows and rows of cars.
"It's the agency garage. They call it the toy shop," Hobbs explains before Little Nobody leads them inside.
"This is where we house every vehicle seized from drug dealers off of the East coast. Now, Mr. Nobody said if we're gonna have a chance of catching Dom we're gonna have to be damn fast," Little Nobody explains before turning to face the team. "Figured this could help." Deckard walks over to a jeep before patting it on the hood.
"We got a tank," Tej says with a smirk as he walks over to it. "750 horsepower, 6.6 liter, V8 Duramax engine with the M153 CROWS remotely operated weapon station on top."
"You didn't get this from drug dealers," Ramsey says as she and Rome walk over to the tank as well.
"No," Little Nobody says with a smirk as he walks over. "No, that the United States army lent me."
"See the army is developing machines like this so that soldiers can drive from a mile away," Tej explains as he walks around the tank. "So they can stay safe and alive. But, luckily, there is a back up driver's seat for those of us who like to get more "hands on"."
"I'm sitting here this whole time, thinking, will this thing fit in the valet at the Cheesecake Factory," Roman says as he stands beside Tej.
"No one is getting "hands on"," Little Nobody says as he rushes over to them. "She doesn't go on the streets." Roman looks away from Little Nobody as they hear a machine moving a car.
"Wow. I'm in love," Rome says as admires a neon orange sports car, causing Artemis to shake her head before following Hobbs to look at the vehicles.

A few hours later, Roman is listening the police scanners as Ramsey sits in front of him on her computer. Letty sits beside the car, that she had picked, as she works on a harpoon gun. Hobbs is going through Deckard's file before walking over to Deckard, who is working on a car.
"Captain Deckard Shaw," Hobbs says as he stops in front of Deckard, who looks at him. Artemis walks over to them as Hobbs starts to read one of the papers. "Distinguished himself by acts of gallantry at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. His bold actions saved the lives of hostages and his teammates. Recommendation: Victoria Cross." Hobbs looks away from the paper to Deckard, who is still working on the car. "Highest honor the British Government has ever given... To a traitor. Some about this whole thing just doesn't add up to me."
"Well, that would be the same kind of funny math that says a DSS agent who has a Silver Star for valor stole an EMP. Sound familiar, huh?" Deckard explains to him with a small smirk.
"Wanna give me a hand?" Hobbs asks as he stands next to part of the car. Deckard nods before standing on the other side. "On three?" Deckard nods again as Hobbs counts before they pick the piece of the car up, setting it on a small table.
"You know, twinkle toes. In another life, I bet me and you could've caused some serious damage," Deckard says as he looks at Hobbs.
"Yeah, we could have," Hobbs says as he finds himself actually agreeing with Deckard.
"Yeah," Deckard says as he nods his head. "Shame I'll have to bounce your head off the fender when this is all over."
"Ah well, with all due respect, Captain, when this whole thing is over, we're gonna find a location, and I'm gonna knock your teeth so far down your throat that you're gonna have to stick a toothbrush right up in your ass to brush them," Hobbs explains as they glare at each other before they both bust out laughing, causing Artemis to smile at the fact that they are kinda getting along even after everything that has happened between the two of them.