11

"What the hell are you doing here Bruno?" Alberto scowled. "That's quite bold of you to wait here in front of my new family. "Ha-family?" Bruno asked mockingly. "What the hell would you know about family? Family is blood-" "What do you mean!? Signor Pa-Massimo and Giulia have been more of a family to me than you ever have." Alberto growled.

"Yeah, I know that's what you think now. But when you live a long life-like me-you learn a lot of lessons. One of those being: friends and lovers come and go. But family is always stuck together. You can't get rid of me Alberto. No matter how many times I piss you off or be a shitty father-at the end of the day we're still family. You'll never get rid of me buddy. Sorry." The man smiled.

"Then what the hell do you want with me?" Alberto said addressing the elephant in the room.

"Alberto, I left you on a bad note. I've changed, I want to have my son back and raise him right-" "Like hell you have!" Alberto shouted angrily. "Come on kid, don't you want to explore the world with your old man-" "Silenzio Bruno! Silenzio Bruno!!" Alberto turned toward the man one last time. "Just leave me the hell alone. Go away." Alberto said before storming off.

He felt angry and hurt. So angry he wanted to cry.

What right does he having showing back up in my life. I wanted him to come back so bad...but now it's too late.

"Hey Alberto-" Luca called out from the kitchen, as he walked through the door. Alberto quickly pushed past him and stormed up the stairs.

Luca totally knew.

After locking himself in his room for hours, there came a knock on the door.

"Figilio(son), are you okay?"

No.

"Yes, just leave me alone please..." Alberto sighed.

And then he heard heavy footsteps leave the doorway.

Alberto had a Vespa book opened in his lap. He liked working on his Vespa when he wasn't busy with helping Massimo or work.

He memorized every part of the scooter. Sometimes, when he had time, he would hang out with the local mechanic. They had a lot of fun times chatting and fixing up Vespas and Cars.

Then there was another knock. This time it was on the window.

"Alberto, come out here." Giulia said from the branch of the tree.

"No-" "Stop sulking and get you butt out here!" She growled in annoyance.

Alberto reluctantly opened the window and crawled outside.

"Alberto, what's going on. You missed dinner-you never miss dinner." She stated. "I didn't feel hungry." "You're a bad liar."

"..."

"You know, Papa seemed very worried about you. He barely talked during dinner..." She had a small frown.

Something was eating her up inside, but she never addressed it.

"Well how's that my fault? It's not like I'm even his real son. Why's he so worried?-" "Silenzio! Are you kidding me right now Alberto!?" Giulia looked really offended.

"What? I'm just saying he shouldn't worry so much over stupid old me..." Without another word Giulia left the treehouse with a glare.

"Pfft, what's her problem." Alberto growled. He couldn't stop thinking about his dad. The father he had waited all that time for. The father he once loved and looked up to was back for redemption. But Alberto had a family. He couldn't just run off with Bruno. He couldn't leave Massimo, Giulia, and Luca like that.