Lounge Act (Pt. 1)

A/N: My favorite part of this prompt is that i didn't have to change anything lol

Day 2: Childhood Friends to Lovers 

"Well you can't blame me, considering I haven't seen you in years."

~~◇~~~◇~~

Lounge Act

~~◇~~~◇~~

Dream has never been a big fan of physical touch.

This is something that Sapnap has known from the moment he arrived at their new house, when he had jumped into Dream's arms excitedly, only to be met with an awkwardness he had never expected from his best friend.

And when he had apologized later for crossing some unspoken boundary, Dream had reassured him that it was fine, teasing him for being so enthusiastic.

"Well you can't blame me, considering I haven't seen you in years," Sapnap had said, and Dream had just laughed.

And that was it.

Since that moment, he has made a point of letting Dream initiate all contact. It's hard, at first, because unlike Dream, Sapnap loves physical touch. He loves cuddles during movies and friendly head pats and holding hands in large crowds. But as much as Sapnap wishes he could show his best friend how he feels in the one way he knows best, Dream's comfort is way more important than his own affectionate tendencies. And without Sapnap to encourage it, they really don't touch at all. There aren't any passing shoulder pats, or accidental sleepovers, not even a single hug. Yeah, it sucks a little. But he never takes it personally.

That is, until George moves in.

When both boys meet him at the airport, Sapnap watches as George flings himself into Dream's arms as soon as they make eye contact. He expects Dream to flinch, or hesitate, or something, but this time, Dream doesn't seem uncomfortable at all. In fact, he responds to George's hug with just as much enthusiasm as the brunet tucked under his chin has. His arms wrap tightly around George's waist instead of hanging limply at his sides like how they had with Sapnap. And instead of breaking away from the hug immediately, he holds George until Sapnap practically peels their bodies apart.

It doesn't stop there.

Dream takes every opportunity he can find to ruffle George's hair, or rest his chin on George's head, or pull him into a bone crushing hug, or "accidentally" fall asleep in the smallest boy's bed. And George seems to enjoy all of it: scoffing playfully at his messed up hair, or commenting on their height difference, or falling willingly into Dream's arms, or snuggling up against the "sleeping" Dream.

This isn't to say that George isn't just as touchy with Sapnap.

He had been just as eager about their hug, crashing into Sapnap with way too much energy for someone who just got off of a 9 hour flight. And when it comes to movie nights, it's almost like he takes turns deciding which of his best friends to cuddle with.

Which brings them to tonight; Sapnap and Dream are on opposite sides of the couch, like always, but this time, George is between them. Right now, George is lying sprawled across their two bodies, with his head in Sap's lap and his feet in Dream's. He suspects that the brunet will switch sides sometime soon, now that they're about halfway through whatever moderately boring show is playing.