prologue

Please don't forget, there are SPOILERS for BOTH SEASONS 1 & 2!!!
. . .
I remember that night so clearly. Even though everyone was so intoxicated around me. Their bodies were radiating sweat from all of the drugs they had taken. The heat exerted from their skin, exchanging saliva with the nearest person as the pound of the bass blared in their ears. And I hadn't been there long, with no intention or returning after I left. All of my peers would have forgotten the most part of that night if it weren't for the drastic change of events at the end. I wish so much that I could forget it. I wish that the only evidence of it was on someone's Instagram account.

But I wasn't so lucky. That moment was burned in memory. Rooted so deeply in my brain because I saw it happening through my own eyes. I will never comprehend how my life got to that point. Or how my life had become so complex that past month, for that matter. How could I be so oblivious to the fact that my involvement in the whole hacker situation was merely to assist the hacker himself?

I was lacked my common cleverness three months ago.  Of course, that was when I needed it most. When a certain boy came too close to me and snatched the intelligence from beneath me. I was too preoccupied to notice, though. His ogling eyes could pierce through anything. Hell, it felt like he could inside your own thoughts when he looked at you. I was so captivated by his face. And whilst, he took all of my common sense from me when he interfered with my life, I was still able to see beyond his "rich boy" facade. No, I could see a lost and quite reserved boy behind it all.

In all honesty, I never did think he was so smart. I did not think that he had it in his nature to hack the school, let alone kidnap a fellow peer or punch another. But Raúl was clearly too smart for my own good. And whilst I thought he was just as in love with me as I with him, he had a clear agenda. He knew what he was doing. That boy knew he could manipulate me, keep me in the dark to trust him, feel pity for him, all so I could help in his venture to gain Sofia. His actions were always careful and every repercussion was always anticipated. I couldn't, and still don't, understand how he thought this poor girl would ever see this gesture as a romantic one.

So that night, when all was revealed, not that I saw Raul tell her in person, I never thought that someone would be shot. I didn't think someone would have died. I never thought I would have gone back to the NONA. I left after ten minutes of swing Raúl and Sofia together. But as soon as that goddamn phone buzzed from Valeria's live stream of Raul's big reveal, I couldn't prevent myself from sprinting down the 4 blocks from my house.

But I didn't know that I left my brother at home. I didn't know that he hadn't heard of the true identity of the hacker. And I damn well had no clue that I left him alone, with our fathers handgun after Luis had just died. So as I bolted down the streets, without any fear, I came to a halt.

I saw his face. All bloodied and beaten, screams and yelling and whacking sounded from the inside of the venue, no music in earshot. But there we were. Just us two, and if he had behaved exactly like my wildest fantasies, it would have proceeding like this:

"Oh Elisa." He would sympathise and rush up towards me, brushing a tear from my cheek. I would look down to avoid his gaze. "I never meant to hurt you. You are the one I want to be with."

And I would lift my head as an indication for him to proceed. "You must forgive me and we can run away together and forget about Sofia!" We would kiss passionately and I would take his hand and we would run off into no where.

Looking back at nonsense scenarios such as these really begs the question as to whether or not I'm clinically insane. It was also quite immature of me to be so resentful of Sofia. She really did nothing wrong. Nonetheless, as I am not a medical professional, I can't give that diagnosis, but as someone with two fucking eyes, I can tell you right now that I was, if not am, psychotic.

I mean at least now I can acknowledge the absolute absurdity of my imagination. How could a rational person ever want to be with the man who, up until quite recently, had used you to get with another girl? I don't know.

Unfortunately, this isn't the true point of my story. Yes, yes. I'm getting to it. What truly happened that night will unravel itself shortly, I can assure you. Don't worry, you won't have to base your assumptions off of that incredibly unrealistic story.

a/n
this has been the prologue!
I am kind of trying to treat this like a novella? But idk it might change.
ALSO
DO NOT FEAR!
Elisa will not be narrating until the epilogue. This means that chapter one, the next chapter, will be all present tense.
The first chapter will go back in time to what happened the night of the NONA before we proceed with the current time which fits in JUST before season two starts!
Thank you so much for reading!
- c