3 - Procrustes

Son of the sea. Named after inland waters. It was a simple abode. He offered him the night. Yami couldn't have turned down such an offer. The yellow-eyed friend had malice in his eyes, though Yami knew better than to trust him fully.

What lie in front of him was a simple, single bed. It looked to be bigger than he was. Yami inspected the bed, noting that nothing be wrong with it.

He wondered if the innkeeper allowed for any dining rooms of the sorts. The pale, kelpish looking man offered him a simple table. "What food have you?" He asked, eyes flitting about Yami. "Bread. Have you not anything to eat?" The other looked regretfully off to the side.

"Here. Eat." He insisted, breaking the loaf in two. It was meant to be big enough for four days on his travels. Though, he doesn't mind sharing with the stranger. "Berries?" The other questioned, looking at what he was given and tilting his head. Yami nodded. "Indeed. Raisins." Yami nodded reassuringly, why not have a little treat with the other. He seemed to be without money. Not that Yami couldn't provide.

He daren't mention to the other what he knew. He knew of the demigod's intent. Yami would be prepared when night fell. Mayhaps getting on Seto's good side would loosen the blow? He could only hope.

The sharp gaze of the other pierced through Yami while he ate. Seto appeared weary. "Need a small song? I shan't play bad, though it has been some time." He offered, reaching down to fetch his harp. The coolness of a pale hand stopped him. It felt as if the ocean itself grabbed him. It wanted to swallow Yami to the abyss where he belonged. He returned his attention to Seto. "No need. The quiet is nice as is." He seemed to hiss it out, gritting his teeth. His claw-like nails could pierce a man's skin if Yami wasn't careful.

Though, he had power on his end too. There wouldn't be a problem between them. At least Yami hoped. He went back to enjoying his bread. It wasn't much but even the slow retreat of Seto's hand covered his arms in goosebumps.

It continued to dim. The candle between them sputtered and started to die. Seto seemed unfazed by the puddle of molten wax between them and the barely lit flame.

Yami rose from his seat once he was satisfied, picking up his belongings. "Thanking you, for letting me stay." The other only nodded. "My pleasure." Seto replied stiffly, pupils narrowing. Though, he wasn't surprised, as his violet-magenta eyes cut through the dark well enough to glow.

He set off for bed, the iron frame lie before him. Foreboding. He'd secretly hoped he would be the perfect size for the bed. Though... That was sadly not the case. The few words spread between them indicated Seto was already planning. He could read Yami by looks alone.

Though, he didn't seem to read the part where his magic came to play. His darkness had yet to be revealed. With the cast of a single spell, Yami went to bed. He would be awoken in several moments, he'd already suspected so.

---

His eyes shot open. A foolish traveler. Did he think to escape my grasps? He did not fit in the bed. It was a shame. He seemed nice. Offering food despite not knowing what he had amassed from others. Seto could only appreciate the gesture.

He could have let him slide. But he did not fit the iron frame. Before he went to strap the unnamed other down, he'd awoken already. Doubts clouded his mind. Maybe he could let the traveler go?

No, he could not. He did not fit. He must fit. "You knew from the start?" Seto pressed, expression darkening as the other smiled. His eyes glowing like Hades made him all the more menacing. The other nodded.

He could only back away slightly. "Why must you go through with this?" He questioned. "It is the only way. Even if I do not want to." Seto responded. It was his only response. Is it really that hard to understand?

As the other watched the kelpish innkeeper, he started having doubts. Was this really right? Was this really necessary? But he'd already grown his sea grasses too deep. They thrived in the abyss now.

"It is okay. Seto, do as you will. However, try to disturb me again... There will be consequences." The other snapped after seeing right through Seto.

He considered bothering him later. Maybe not for consiquences, but to hear his voice. It made his every hair stand on end. Seto left the room, promising he would return. There was a secret hope in the demigod, that the traveler wouldn't see through him again.

After some considerable length of time, Seto returned. He'd embellished himself in the sweetest smells of figs he could find in his collection of stolen loot. The wish of nothing more than the mystery traveler appreciating this.

He loomed over the other like an omen of death. Though release never came. Despite his ghastly appearance watching, it was not angry. Curious. Intrigued.

Seto only hoped the traveler didn't awake, for he spent the night. Watching. Fighting the urge to fit this sweet traveler to his iron bedframe.