𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 10.

They jumped out a window, finding themselves in an overgrown yard.

"Look. There's the school." Bill pointed at the building not so far away from them.

"Alright." Joel said.

"Past this gate it's all new territory to me." Bill admitted looking at Joel.

Joel nodded, "I'm on it." And went first.

They could hear all the clicking.

"If it's just clickers we could sneak past them." Bill whispered and Joel was in the front to check the area. He waved his hand so they'd follow him.

They were walking quietly around them, staying close to the ground and it was working. They didn't hear them but it wasn't too pleasing. Being so close to them knowing what would happen if a single stick cracked under their feet..

There was some door at the end. They slowly opened them, praying they won't make any sound.

"Runners." Bill said a bit loudly.

"Easy easy." Joel corrected him and looked at Makayla. "You're goin' ?" He asked and she nodded. There was two of them so they both sneaked closer to them from behind, grabbing them at the same time. Joel choked the hell out of that one while Makayla stabbed the other one right through his brain. They let those infected fall to the ground as they moved.

"That house. Shool's on the other side. Let's go." Bill whispered and suddenly they saw more clickers in front of them.

"Just stay down." Joel ordered them both as they sneaked past them too and got into the house safely. At least they didn't waste any ammo.

They gathered all the things they needed and Makayla saw Joel walk upstairs so she followed him, "Hey, you got a second?"

"Yeah?" He asked, not really paying attention to her.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry about Tess. That's it. I won't bring it up again." He looked at her with slight fury in his eyes. "You don't have to worry about me." His voice was hard as he looked away and went to walk back down.

She sighed, following him.

They looked out into the street they had to cross in order to get to the school.

"Damn this area is full of them." Makayla whispered as Bill and her followed Joel.

He creeped closer to a runner that was facing the other side as Joel grabbed him and choked him.

"Yes. That's it." Bill nodded making Makayla glare at him, "You didn't do anything." She whispered.

"Really? Wanna see me choke the hell out of you?!" He whisper yelled back making Makayla frown, "Only good looking men can choke me."

Joel glared at her, "Shut up and keep up." What he said went for both of them.

"Alright let's try this out." She took the bow and aimed at the runner closest to them. The arrow went straight through his head.

There was more of them so she took them down with the bow, one by one

There was more of them so she took them down with the bow, one by one. It was a much quieter way to kill then pull out a gun.

"Good job." Joel muttered.

"Alright how do we get inside?" Joel looked at Bill. There was a high fence around the building.

"There's a ladder." Makayla pointed to a bus and a ladder was on top of it.

"Alright come 'ere." As always Joel leaned against the bus with his back. Makayla grabbed onto his shoulders as he boosted her up. He always boosted her up with such ease as if she weighted nothing. It was impressive.

She dropped the ladder down for them.

"Fuck they're coming!" Bill shouted.  Just now they heard the groans and screams. There was a whole lotta bunch of them running at them.

They jumped down from the bus running to the building. There was some big metal door as Bill tried getting it open.

"Fuck the door's locked!" Bill cursed running to the other side of the building while Joel got his gun ready.

They were close.

"Got it! Window's open hurry!" Bill shouted and got through. Makayla went after him while Joel was already shooting some of them. He went for it and went to climb the window when a clicker got a hold of him. He punched him with his elbow knocking him off of him but a runner jumped on him this time. Makayla ran up to the window and she could see the runner go for Joel's neck. She didn't even hesitate as she put her wrist in between Joel's neck and the runner's mouth. He bit onto her hand making her groan in pain as she took out a knife with her other hand, stabbing him and Joel finally managed to get through and close the window.

Makayla held onto her hand and as Joel saw, his eyes widened, grabbing her hand.

"Fuck." He cursed looking at Bill to make sure he didn't see it.

Joel looked up into Makayla's eyes, making sure she's fine when the screaming got louder.

He turned around realizing he had to block the door so he pushed a cabinet in front of it in order to do so.

"It's empty." Bill muttered when he saw the battery was missing.

"What?!" Joel ran up to him.

"It's fucking empty!"

"Bill where to?!" He asked desperately.

Bill hesitated looking around,

"Bill- where?!" Joel screamed at him with raspiness in his voice.

Bill ran up to another door, pushing them open and they got through, closing them behind them. They sprinted down the hallway of the school when they heard a groan. This time a much more powerful one.