Chapter 74

Chatper 74

2,756 words

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER: Are you one of those people that fangirl more when the characters do small acts of intimacy (like one of them purposely brushing their hand against the other's, first kiss, pull a strand of the other's hair behind their ear, light kisses on the cheek) rather than the 'big ones'?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Technical Analyst Agent Blair speaking"

"Why so formal, sweet-cheeks?"

"Shall I remind you that I have an FBI nanny who's watching me every second of my work-life, girl scout? If I did what you and Penelope did, I'd have my head- not only because it would be considered inappropriate and I'd get called out, but because your girlfriend would kill me for apparently trying to steal her man"

"My bad" the man laughed from the other side of the line "Hey, we need some information on a couple of teenagers... uh... Cameron and Sam Philips. They went to high school with the victim... send over everything you can find"

"What I can legally find or what I can not-so-legally find?"

"Legally" the guy sitting close to Thaleia glared at her from over the newspaper he was reading.

"You're no fun" she stuck her tongue out to him "Sorry Morgan, you'll get the boring version of everything"

"Cheer up, sweet-cheeks. It's not gonna be forever"

"Your forever and mine are quite different" she sighed.

"Have you spoken to our pretty-boy yet?"

"I don't see how that's related to the case" she narrowed her eyes, as if the man could see her from the other side of the country "Mind your business, you fucking gossip chick"

With a last laugh, Derek hung up the phone, and Thaleia got to work. Finding information about those two kids was easy for her. She had managed to convince her 'nanny' to bring some of her equipment- sure, Garcia's was great and worked really well, but the girl had a different level of hacking experience and had created some programs that worked better and faster. Unfortunately, they didn't fit the FBI standards, so that last part about 'special' programs wasn't shared with Hansen, the 'nanny'.

It had only been four days since their new assignments, but it already felt like forever to all of them. To some more than to others.

Apparently, Hansen had been told to not let the girl do anything that wasn't related to work, which included drawing random things on papers laying around when she had finished her tasks. That was hell. She also couldn't pick up any calls that weren't coming to the FBI line, and if Hansen suspected that it was a relatively personal call, he'd end it and report it. Those 'reports' meant that she would face a punishment of some sort if she got too many. So far she had gotten one when he caught her talking to Penelope. It was kind of worth it.

"May I get up and go grab a hot choco?" she turned her chair slowly to avoid getting dizzy. That was a weakness of hers she hated so much. It was annoying.

"Get me a coffee too"

"I'm not a waitress, much less yours"

"That's the only way you're getting out of here" he wasn't even looking at her as he gave her orders. He never did. She flipped him off before leaving the room and walked down the hall to the small kitchen the bullpen had, ready to make herself her favourite drink.

"Oh" she looked up when the voice interrupted her daydreaming while waiting for the coffee machine to heat up.

"Oh- uh... hi" she awkwardly waved at the Doctor "How are the uh... the trainees?"