A Handshake of Acceptance

"Well, looky here. You're not dead" said Levi as he crossed his arms.

"Y/N!"

For the first time it was Jean who shoved Levi out of the way to get to you. Levi sent Jean a death glare. Jean grabbed a hold of your hand as he held a worried yet relieved face.

"How are you feeling?!"

You sent him a sly smile, "where's Erwin?"

"Enough of that Y/N, Erwin is already talking with Shadis" answered Levi.

"Yeah but what if-"

"Don't worry about it. Apparently some of the cadets were more intrigued in the scene in front of them then the lecture so they saw and heard everything that happened"

A bit of relief washed over you.

"Are you sure he was intentionally pulling the trigger at you. I mean even if he did I don't think extensive damage could occur from a flare gun of just color powder"

"Wether he did it or not. He still fired it in an indoor room, it's still dangerous. It may not cause major harm, but it can hurt our cadets and their abilities to give it their all. I may admit I got a little carried away, I was just simply too angry at the moment, so many things were flying through my head"

"Right, you're right either way that's something very serious" nodded Levi.

"Y/N?"

The three of you turn to see Shadis standing at the door. Both Levi and Jean salute to him properly while you just held your fist to your chest.

"I hope I wasn't interrupting anything important"

"Of course not Commander, What an honor having you as my visitor"

He walked inside, carrying flowers.

"I had first heard that a gun went off and you were here so, I wasn't sure how serious the situation was hence the flowers"

he said nodding his head towards them.

"Very kind of you sir"

Shadis handed the flowers to Levi who stood there awkwardly just holding them.

"Seems as if hanging out with old geezers like us has finally catched up to you eh Y/N. Really a heart attack from extreme anger? what are you 50?"

He began laughing and you laughed along.

"Yes, it seems as the old has stuck to me. Wouldn't be surprised if I had white hairs already" you laughed

"Or worse" he pointed to his bald head.

You try to suck in your laugh thinking it was rude to continue laughing, but you couldn't help it. Luckily, Levi and Jean joined in on the small laughter.

"Well, I've talked to Erwin and the cadets. From what I understand, he put in the color shells into the flare gun during the lecture and pulled off the safety switch correct."

"Yes, Sir"

"Erwin did confess he did point the gun at you, but in a joking manner. I however understand,  situations such as those especially with your current relationship with him can be seen as a threatening manner. Rest assure he will face a serious consequence once you get back from the Expedition"

"Seems fair" you muttered

Truth is, you were left unsatisfied, but who are you to beg to differ with Shadis.

"Y/N, I hope you will be able to continue working with him in a professional manner. No hard grudges affecting your teamwork nor communication. After all I'm leaving the both of you the lives of all the cadets"