6 | obey and obliterate.

You stared outside a private jet window, admiring the clouds and the sun that peeked at the horizon. You wanted nothing more than to go home, but you didn't have a say so in your life anymore.

You sat across from Rey, who was reading a fashion catalogue. "These Chanel boots are to die for! I think you would like these," she said, turning the pamphlet the other way to show you. "They would suit you."

"I don't know why you are still trying to act like my best friend when you sold me out," you responded, rolling your eyes. "This is so fucking stupid."

"If you obey and follow instructions, you can go back to your normal life in no time," Rey said, frowning slightly. "You have nothing to worry about."

"That is so easy for you to say when you aren't a prisoner to a fucking Mafia leader," you emphasized, scoffing heavily and shook your head. "I don't need this, and I certainly don't want any part."

Rey didn't say anything else, going back to looking at her daily catalogue.

Ren was sitting a few seats away from you and Rey, having his Knights placed randomly in the remaining seats. He was talking to Vicrul and Cardo about something, making sure to keep his voice at a hush level.

You stared at your cuticles, picking at them and wanted the plane ride to be over with. You wanted a proper sleep, proper meal, and needed to do something to get the moments of trauma out of your head.

Too much happened in order for you to think clearly.

Your concentration on your nails was taken away when Ren had barked your name. Your head snapped up, and you made strict eye contact with him. "Come with me," he ordered, and you got up from your seat, walking behind him to the bathroom.

It was the most privacy anyone could get.

You merely pushed past him and sat on the sink counter, watching him close and lock the door.

"We need to talk about something, and when I explain this to you, I want no interruptions. Got it?" Ren asked, and you nodded, zipping your mouth. "We have a change in location — we are heading to Las Vegas."

You were about to speak, but your teeth bit down on your tongue to prevent it.

"A friend — colleague — of mine wants to meet for a deal and other things," he continued, and you kept nodding. "I had told him recently that I found a solution to our problems. That solution is you."

"If I may—"

Ren tensed. "I said don't interrupt."

You nodded and apologized.

"As I was saying, you will be meeting him later tonight. When we land, we will be escorted to private fittings for you. I need you to look decent," Ren said, and you furrowed your brows, taking it as an insult. "What now?"

"You can't judge me on my clothing when you wear only black, a few rings, and a watch," you responded, crossing your arms over your chest.

"Continuing on, you will need to be nice and proper tonight. If you don't, you will suffer consequences," he forewarned, glaring at you.

"Is killing my father in front of my bare eyes not enough of a consequence? How could you possibly top that?" You wondered, sarcasm hinting in your tone.

"I could think of a few things," he shot back. "Now, there are a few rules we need to go over."

You knew how his system worked. "I already know what they will be — don't disrespect you, behave, and keep your head down."