Chapter 1: Unfolding the Truth

Chapter 1 - Unfolding the Truth

Severus Snape.

All he ever thought about was Hermione.

He couldn't gather his thoughts at the moment in his room. Just thinking about her and Ron made him want to kill himself.

He isn't going to kill himself, he thought. Not now that he realized he already felt something for Hermione.

Something that would change who he is inside.

"Ron and Hermione?", he thought. "They couldn't be! I saw her look at me the way I wanted to be looked at. Those glare in her eyes, those beautiful eyes she has."

Severus Snape closed his eyes trying to imagine Hermione looking at him.

"Well, might as well make the first move Severus."

He hadn't noticed Albus by the door.

"I know who you have been inlove with Sev, I can see it in your eyes. You can't take your eyes off her."

Snape looked at Albus for a second.

"But how?" asked Snape.

"Tell her the truth," Albus answered.

"Tell her you're inlove with her. Tell her what you feel. Everything."

Snape sat down, touching his head.

"Tonight after dinner, I'll tell her everything."

But Snape wasn't sure he will be able to do it. He might just be pissed with Ron following Hermione around. But he thought of an idea. Hermione must be with him alone.

_____________

Dinner Time

Snape thought twice if he was going to do it or not. But to his suprise Hermione bumped into him before entering the dining room.

"Oh, Sorry Severus.", said Hermione looking at him.

"Oh, uhm it's... O..kay.." Stuttered Snape.

Hermione smiled at him and that made him melt but it gave him the guts to talk even more.

"Would you mind talking a walk with me after dinner Hermione?", asked Snape doing his best to smile.

"Sure Severus, no problem."

Hermione smiled again and hurried to her seat. Then there was food and everybody ate.

Severus stood there, he couldn't eat. He was too happy inside that he decided to go outside and have some fresh air.

Few minutes later he heard footsteps coming to him. Then he saw Hermione.

"How did you know I'm here?" asked Snape.

"Of course, I know where you always go if you want to get some fresh air."

"Is that so?.. So you've been following me around?"

"Not really, no. But I always see you here."

Snape and Hermione walked through the corridors of Hogwarts and Snape decided to lead her to his room, well because he wanted to show her what it looked like.

"I never thought you were nice at all," said Hermione

"I don't look nice, but when I'm with you I want to be nice."

"What did you say?" Hermione was a bit confused.

"Oh, no nevermind." Answered Severus.

They were walking through the dungeons to Snape's room but Hermione didn't mind.

It was a mystery to Severus why Hermione was going with the flow.

"Why isn't Ron with you? He always follows you wherever you go, he has business to do with the students." asked Snape irritably.

"I asked him not to come and said it was okay, you invited me only that's why I asked him to do some research in the library."

They arrived at Snape's door. Hermione entered the room, it was a bit dark but Snape turned on the light.

"Severus," Hermione called in a soft voice.
"Your room.. its beautiful. I have never seen such a neat room like yours."

"Thank you." Severus was very happy with Hermione's words.

They talked and talked about different things, from potions to the different creatures lurking in the Forbidden Forest.

A few moments later, Hermione noticed that Severus has been staring at her.

"I understand why you can't take your eyes off me."

Severus was sitting on the side of his bed stiff and still looking at Hermione. She approached him, her face close to him, eye to eye.. "It's okay," whispered Hermione.

Severus leaned forward and kissed her lips. Hermione didn't mind. It was a long tender kiss, Hermione felt Snape's lips shiver, but she still kissed him back and after that they looked at each other again and Severus had said what he has been hiding for a long time.

"I...... Love you.." Snape couldn't believe what was happening but he continued.

"I love you Hermione and I couldn't stand seeing you with Ron, it breaks my heart." Severus was teary eyed and a tear fell in his cheeks.

Hermione was silent for a moment, she wiped his tears and said "There, there Severus." Then she kissed him on the forehead then her lips touched his lips again longer than the first one. "I love you too", said Hermione.

Severus hugged her tight, throughout the night, talking just about everything they thought about. Once in a while, they kiss. Both happy and contented and slept with their arms embracing each other.

4 years later Hermione decided to be a teacher at Hogwarts. She wanted to spend most of her time with Severus, the love of her life. She had taken her master's degree in Potion and Defense Against the Dark Arts in the University of Pimbletton in Canada. Before she went back to Hogwarts she had a short visit and a little bit of vacation for a month in Seattle to visit some of her cousins that reside there.