The Woods

It was a cool summer night Sam and her family were in their car on a road trip to her grandparents that live in a house in a wooded area. It was at least eight or nine hours away from any city or town. Sam wasn't excited about the fact that she would be spending most of her summer at her grandparents house instead of spending time with her friends in her hometown but that wasn't the only reason she was unhappy about spending most of her summer at her grandparents house and she never really knows why though to think of it she doesn't really remember even going to her grandparents house except the one time she got last in the woods near the house she remembers being so scared that she was crying her eyes out. When her family finally found her and got back to the house the sun was setting. When they finally got to the house the sun was already rising. She couldn't really see the sun rising. The trees let in very little light, the woods looked thick, dark, and mysterious. Sam felt like something was wrong something odd like something was calling her to the woods that day. That's when she saw something move in the trees but she shrugged it off since they were in the middle of the woods and it could have be a wild animal. Sam's grandparents came out of their house to greet them at the door. They pulled into the driveway at least what was left of it anyways. Sam's parents told her and her brother Jackson to not worry about the stuff in the trunk and that they would get it. They told them to go explore and look around for a bit. Sam started at the front of the house thenadr her way to the back of the house it looked like the type of house you would see in a horror movie it was old, rotting, and it looked like it was neglected for years vines were growing on the side of the house and the back yard was overgrown with weeds, trees, and all type of plants that she didn't know the names of some of them looked like they were over grown flowers. It looked like there used to be a garden there under all the plants. Sam then saw a old rusted shed so she decided to go check it out but when she was half way to the shed she heard a awful screech coming from the woods Sam turned her head slowly to the direction of the sound and what she saw made her freeze in place. Sam saw what looked like a figure in the woods but it didn't look Human and it didn't look like it was a animal she had no clue of what it could be but that alone made chills go down her spine. She quickly got back to the front of the house still creeped out from what just happened but she just told herself that it might have just be a dear type of animal simalar but that doesn't explain the figure that she saw in the woods. She walked into the house and the first thing she noticed was the strong smell of fresh baked cookies. She was surprised by how the inside of the house looked it wasn't like the outside at all it was well kept and old fashioned but it was pretty though. She ate dinner then she was directed to her room. It was smaller than her room back at her house but it was still nice, and cozy she soon fell asleep. In the middle of the night Sam heard the same screech frome earlier that day but it sounded like it was getting closer and closer until it suddenly stoped she laid there for a while. She was to scared to look at the window knowing what might be waiting for her at the window she then heard tapping on the window. It couldn't be a tree branch considering that there are no trees near the window and that it wasn't really that windy outside. As she was in deep thought of whet it might be at the window but then she snapped back to reality when she heard the window opening. She finally gained enough courage to turn around to look at the window. She saw what looked like a thin boney looking human-like figure but it had a head of a animal but she knew it was no human or an animal. Sam couldn't see the face of the creature but she knew that she would have to find something to defend herself frome the creature that was half way through her window by now. She stood up from the bed and looked around her room for something to protect herself but it was to late the creature was already in her room and that's when she realized she should have gotten up to look at the window sooner.