2005

2005
Kindergarten

"Hey Asher, will you marry me?", "Of course I want Adley!","Great! And because I know you don't like rings I made you a bracelet".
"I love it and will never take it off" I giggled "I have one too","Yay" we rann of to the pendidik to tell her everything.

16 year's later
I remembered this scene of Asher and me in every movement and every word. Asher was my best friend in Kindergarten, elementary school and middle school. When we came into high school he moved away. I was the saddest I had ever been. I was eighteen now, he nineteen, it was unbelievable that I remember everything from this childish wedding in kindergarten next to the garbage containers.

But Asher never broke a promise, I didn't know if he was still wearing my bracelet. But if he didn't I would be sad, because I still wear it, every single day since sixteen years.

I didn't really know what he was doing These days, I only knew that he ignored all my messages since a year. I texted him a whole yeas everyday without a response. I whole year I thought he might be dead. And a whole year I was sad about never getting a response.

After this year I stopped texting him. Would a best friend do that to you?, I don't think so. But what hurts the most, was that he wasn't dead like I thought (of course I was happy he wasn't dead), he wasn't sad like me, he just moved on with his new life without me.

His new life with new friends, a new job and maybe a new family who knows, but the saddest fact was still, that I couldn't be mad at him for moving on (well, maybe a little).

I just was so sad about it because he had what I wanted. For so long I waited for him to come back to me, that I forgot there are other people, other people who might want to be my friends.

I only focused on him so I forgot my whole social life. And he, he walks the red carpets I New York like it was his garden or the floor in his room.

Right now I watched an interview from him on my TV and he looked so happy that I could have cried. I wanted to be as happy as he was.

I wanted my best friend back.

I always focused my eyes on his arm to might get a look at his pergelangan tangan, to see if he wears my bracelet. But he never moved his arm.

The interview stopped and I wanted to turn my TV off but then I saw a very interesting looking thumbnail and underneath it was written: Asher Sullivan talking about his best friend

My mouth went dry as I saw him on the thumbnail wearing my bracelet, the video was from a day ago and I recognised the place he was, it was at our old middle school. I clicked on the video. The girl who filmed it was very cute, when the brown haired Asher came out of the Jeep the fans screamed and smiled his nice smile which was only for them.

My mum called me down, I mumbled and rolled out of my bed punched my hair out of my face and walked down "you won't believe who is at the door for you" she said and I turned to the door.

It was Asher, what the heck. "Hi" he said and looked down on his feet "can we maybe talk", "uhm" I don't know what to say until my mum just pushed me forward and I stumbled outside.

Suddenly I became angry, I know that I pictured this exact situation since years, but now that it was really there, it wasn't what I wanted at all. "So" I started,  because he didn't start. "It took you some time to get here and talk to me, I mean sure,you were busy with all the: I'm famous now leave me alone an talk to my bodyguard thing. But really, I thought our friendship meant something to you, like it meant something to me" the last words were a little bit mor silent but I guess I made the point I wanted to make.

"Our friendship meant something to me I swe-" I interrupted him "so why didn't you answer any of my texts I left you since, uhm let me think, A YEAR" Asher made a step backwards. "I don't know, I read them all but I didn't want to answer" I stopped walking "you read them all" I gasped "you didn't WANT to answer" he nodded "yes" he said quietly "okay, we are so done" I yelled "no wait" Asher said "there is nothing more to talk about" I said "have a good life Asher you deserve it, but you don't deserve me to be your shadow and follow you everywhere or to watch all of you interviews, because, you wouldn't do the same for me and we both know that".

1 year later
I finally moved on, I had found new friends and got invited to parties and had people I could sit with in lunch break. Of course I still thought about him, but it got less and less everyday and now that I look at my friends around the table, I know it was the right thing to do.

-the end