chapter sixty-one

season two ; episode five { The Darkest Hour }
chapter sixty-one

JJ AND BROOKLYN TRAVELED OVER TO HIS COUSIN RICKEY WHO THEY'D NEED TO BORROW THE AMBULANCE FROM

JJ AND BROOKLYN TRAVELED OVER TO HIS COUSIN RICKEY WHO THEY'D NEED TO BORROW THE AMBULANCE FROM. They needed this for the next part of their plan or else their plan was kinda screwed. They'd hope he'd go through with it but he honestly had ever right to say no. Who was he to help out two teenagers who were desperate to help someone break out of jail.

Brooklyn remembered JJ's cousin Rickey as the weed dealer who gave her her first ever joint. She first smoked when she was thirteen, of course she did it without her brother or father knowing. JJ helped her out. He took her to his cousin and he provided them with what they needed, it wasn't so bad that it would knock them out but it would tip them ever so slightly over the edge.

Getting high with JJ became one of her favourite things after that day.

And now they were here to ask a huge favour. "Yo! Listen, man, we need a favour from you..."

"You two together yet?" He asked, jabbing a finger at the two. "I use to have bets with myself to see when you two would get together."

"How sweet..." Brooklyn says, her eyes moving up towards JJ. "We are together."

"And we're very happy," He says, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "Now we need your help with something."

Once JJ and Brooklyn explained the favour, Rickey said the one thing Brooklyn knew he would say and that was, "No. Absolutely not."

"Listen, man, all you gotta do is leave the ambulance running. It's a small favour to ask, Ricky, just a small one," JJ says, leaning his arms forward. It wasn't exactly a small favour... They were literally committing a crime and asking for his help.

Rickey continued to shake his head. "It's not as much about the favour as the general stupidity of the plan."

"Come on. Just leave the ambulance running, Rickey. You gotta do this one for me, bro." He looked over at Brooklyn and said, "And for her."

"Come on, Rickey, this is my brother."

"You're both gonna wind up in jail," Rickey told them and they knew they would but that's where'd they'd end up one day anyway.

"I mean, that's gonna happen anyway, G, eventually. Might as well be for a good cause," JJ says, his eyes moved over to look at the keys to the ambulance that were sat inches away from them.

"Yeah, well, I'm not having any part of it," He says, looking over to see Brooklyn didn't look as happy as she did when she arrived. "You've come up with a lot of dumb ideas, but, uh, this might be the dumbest."

JJ began to follow him into his house. "I wouldn't be asking you to do this if it wasn't important, and let me remind you, you owe me, man. Who ran that load up to Cape Fear when your hemp came in hot?" He says, pausing while Rickey takes a second to look at him, "Me, all right?"