chapter sixty-two

season two ; episode six { My Druthers }
chapter sixty-two

season two ; episode six { My Druthers }chapter sixty-two

"THAT'S A LOT OF WAX ON YOUR BOARD. PUT TOO MUCH WAX, IT'S GONNA BE SLIPPERY," Pope told JJ that morning. Honestly, Brooklyn preferred the sweet silence and to just listen to the sounds of the chickens clucking and the birds tweeting. She also would rather hear the sweet melodies of Kiara's ukulele.

"Are you telling me how to wax my board, Pope?" JJ asked, turning his eyes over to Pope.

"Just saying that's a lot of wax."

"No, no. No. You're telling me how to wax my board. You kidding?" JJ says. Kiara and Brooklyn glanced at each other, unsure why JJ was even getting mad.

"That's a colossal waste of wax."

"Guys, really?" Kiara spoke, seeing JJ suddenly stop to glare at her like she was the worst person here.

There was a sound, a sound that sounded strangely familiar to Brooklyn. A car honking. The van honking. "Did you hear that?"

It continued to make the same sound, the same honk over and over again until they saw the van, the van they hadn't seen since that day on the tarmac was driving straight towards them.

And better news, it had John B inside driving.

"Are you serious?"

"Hold on. Am I dreaming?"

"Guess who's out the clink, boy!" John B said excitedly as he skipped over to the girl who was already running at him.

Brooklyn wrapped her arms around his neck, feeling the sudden panic and worry leave her body with that one hug. The squeeze he gave her to assure her that he was back home and that he wasn't going anywhere, she felt complete. She buried her head into his shoulder, feeling tears prickle in her eyes from just the feeling of having her brother hug her once again. She had missed him.

Missed having him home, missed having him in the group and just missed him.

Three more pairs of arms followed after she did and the group shared a hug. "My boy's out of jail!" They all laughed and cried to one another while their bodies remained close together. "We missed you," Kiara told him and oh, God it was true.

"I missed you guys too," He pulled away and looked between each of them, taking in this moment for a second. He wanted to hold onto this. Hold onto this memory for the rest of his life, to hold onto their smiles and laughs and the pure joy on their faces at him just being there.