About the Feature

The Trailhead was really fun to write and think up as the firewatch ranger scenario seems to be one of the more popular stories in the creepy pasta genre. The main character, simply referred to as 'I' in the case of this story is an easy vessel for the reader or listener to get into.

There was a lot of inspiration that went into the telling of this short, uncomfortable and situational horror experience. From the very beginning when our character first reaches the watch tower, there is a sense of dread. That is seen clearly from their fear of heights, the uncertainty of a new job, an uncomfortable interaction with complete strangers and finally, the realization that they are all alone and helpless adds flavor and a nice flow to the story overall. Movies that inspired the telling of The Trailhead include classics like The Strangers, Us and Friday the 13th. Home invasions, creepy first encounters and mysterious killers whether alone or in a group are things I, as a writer, have always found to be first and foremost fascinating as plot devices but also horrifying to think about as well.

I hope you've enjoyed my first foray into creepy pastas and horror themed short stories. If you have any suggestions for future stories or fun ideas for a creepy pasta, feel free to write me, Neo, with the Subject header 'Creepy Story Ideas' at email address

thebaldingplebs@gmail.com

...

...

...

I get asked a lot about what happened to our main character working in the National Forest. Did he survive? Did he die? How did he escape?

The next time you're hiking in the woods, just look all around you because chances are...

pieces of him are everywhere.