Part 30*

Warning: This chapter contains smut for those who don't like it just skip the last paragraphs :)

They reached the restaurant a few minutes later and Bucky had a reservation already. The waitress was flirting with Freya which left him feeling a bit jealous but he wouldn't say anything. "So what can I get you?" The waitress asked as they looked at the menu. "I think I'll get an extra spicy taco with a side of fries" The girl widened her eyes and smiled. "Wow, so you like spicy huh" Freya tried her best not to make an awkward face so she just nodded. "How about you, pumpkin" Bucky looked up shooked at the pet name, and smiled at the waitress, "Yeah I'll get the same, doll" The waitress looked at them both and let out a little chuckle, and nodded, as she wrote it all down and left.

"Pumpkin?" "Yes, dear?" Freya said sarcastically as he laughed. "It 's weird right?" Bucky said after a while and looking around the restaurant, usually, these restaurants would be full but many people were eating alone or some would be almost crying. "Yeah, for a moment I forgot about everything" He nodded and felt his chest get heavy. "Do you sometimes feel guilty about it?" "Yeah but there was nothing else we could've done and now that they are out there fighting Thanos maybe we'll get them back" Bucky nodded and sighed trying to get it out of his mind.

"So do you want to play that game again?" Bucky smiled and nodded as she started, "I've never celebrated Christmas, I don't like Clint sometimes and I have never visited Midgard when I was a teenager" Bucky bit his lip as he repeated to himself what she said when he snapped his fingers. "Got it! Christmas! Who hasn't celebrated it, I get the Clint thing and Midgard I think it's true but Christmas? C'mon" She shook her head as he widened his eyes and screamed what, making the people turn to them. "Yeah, in Asgard we kinda didn't see the point to it and when I got here I would go on missions" Bucky's mouth dropped, he couldn't believe it and kept his mouth open as she laughed. "So you have come to Earth before?" She nodded. "I was 17 human years I think, Thor and I decided to go to the World exposition in 43, we saw Howard Stark try to make an um- what was it-" "Flying car" She nodded as he looked down shaking his head smiling. "I was there" She smiled and laughed at the irony. "How did we not see each other?" Freya shrugged as she tried remembering the rest of her night and started telling him about it...

Flashback 1943 (Freya is narrating)

I was the show and when it didn't work, Thor laughed and got bored quickly, so we decided to leave. We headed to a place where the people were dancing with their loved ones, I guessed it was the last day before the troops were leaving so we stayed at the bar. As we watched the couples dance we longed for something like that, Loki and I were fighting at the time like always, it was just hot and cold and Thor never had anything serious.

The power seemed to go off and some people got scared but we remained sitting still at the bar. I remember I heard some girls scream and a guy tried going after them but they just left, he sat next to me as I sipped some Asgardian Ale that we brought. He sighed and I kinda noticed he was wearing a uniform because of his silhouette. The guy noticed that there was someone next to him and we kinda talked for a while.

He was polite and flirted with me, I teased him for calling me gorgeous even without seeing me but he said the cheesiest line ever, which made me laugh. The lights were not getting back soon so he just invited me to dance. Thor told me we only had a few minutes before we had to back so no one would notice we were gone but I took the guy's hand and as we struggled to dance, the band started playing again and for a moment it was magical. Before I could catch his name Thor pulled me away and the lights came back just as we were leaving. I never saw him again but it was a nice memory to keep.

***

Bucky stared at her as his heart beat faster, staring at the girl who was in front of him, not believing how the universe worked everything out so perfectly. "Yes! Food! I'm starving! Thank you!" As the tacos arrived Bucky tried to shake the feeling but he couldn't help it, she had no idea what was going on with him, she thought maybe talking about the 40s made him nostalgic so she kept eating quietly, letting him process. "I think the only possible way that you would get more gorgeous is if I could see you, doll, but for now I'll have to settle for only hearing your mesmerizing voice" Freya looked up, her heart beat faster as she widened her eyes. "It was you?" She smiled as he nodded and stared at her.