Stage Fright? - Marisol x Miguel [Coco]

[Note, Marisol is a Non-binary, born-a-male and they are 13, so is Miguel]

Miguel started to show his little sister the ofrenda. "-And they're counting on us to remember them!". Miguel's Abuelita hugs him and they prepared for the festival. "Rosa! Set up the plates!" Tia Carmen said. 

Meanwhile, Marisol was spreading the Marigold petals all over town before Marisol accidentally sets foot on Benny Rivera's foot. This led Benny to cry and be heard. "Ayy! what did you to my anghelito?!" Abuelita said, pointing a sandal to Marisol's face. 

"Woah! Woah, Woah! sorry! it was an accident! I apologize, Madam." Marisol said before Miguel steps in. "Abuelita...it's okay!" Miguel said before Abuelita sighed. 

"Woah, Hey! I know you! you were that one in class!" Miguel said before Marisol nodded. "Why are you acting like you hadn't seen me in a while?" Marisol said before chuckling and Miguel chuckles along. 

"Anyways, I have to go finish spreading these Marigold before my mother gets all worried about dressing me up. " Marisol sighed and waves goodbye.

LATER

Miguel was sitting on the bench, hand on cheek. "Come on, Muchacho! it's almost your time!" One of the musicians said. "I'll be there in a minute!" He sighs as Marisol steps in. 

"Hey..Stage fright?" Miguel then nods. "Look, I know how hard it can be. But you have to do it. If you make a mistake, the people wont think you are bad! they will understand you!" Marisol said before Miguel opens his mouth to speak.

 "I've dealt with this before...You're right. I have to do it." Miguel said, standing up before Marisol grabs his arm gently. "Hey. Sing from your passion. Sing for your people. And Me." Marisol said.

They both blushed lightly and before letting go.

COUNT - 291 words