Chapter 12- Hunting trip

*Next morning*

Sabriel slowly opened her eyes. Engie was up, cooking some breakfast for the group. Scout and Soldier went out to get some fresh air, Sniper was napping by a wall. Female felt somebody's warmth. After fully waking up, Sabriel looked up and immidiately flushed deep red. Medic was holding her, stroking her hair and looking down at her. He adored woman's beauty while smiling sweetly. The girl, feeling embarrassed, immidiately shot up and apologised to the doctor, because she thought that she snuggled up to him in her sleep.

-Don't vorry, Liebe. I voke up wizh zhe rest und ve didn't vant to vake jou up. I vanted to make jou feel comfortable, so I moved jou a bit. I'm sorry, if zhat startled jou- Medic confessed, saddened. He wanted to stay like that for a bit longer. 

-No, no, it's fine. You just surprised me, that's all. I enjoyed the warmth tho- Sabriel reassured him, smiling.

-Hey Engie- She called out to the Texan- What are you making?- The girl asked, as her nostrils got filled with heavenly smell of food. 

-Heya darlin', Am makin' meatballs with beans out of this canned food we found- Engie smiled.

 -It smells amazing!- Sabriel cheered.

 -Hahah, wait till ya try it!- Texan laughed.

While Sabriel was preparing her weapons, Medic approached  her nervously, as if he was about to confess something. 

-Is something bothering you, doctor? - Sabriel asked worriedly. 

-Nein, it'z nozhing...- German frowned. 

-If you say so... But know, that if something is wrong, I'm here for you- Sabriel looked into Medic's eyes and held his hands in hers. 

-Danke, Schatz- He blushed and suddenly kissed her cheek. Female instantly froze. 

-Damn! I can't be falling for Medic, can I?... I guess I'm starting to feel something. I'm attracted to him at some point...- She thought, turning red. Clearly flustered, she went to get her food.

*Time skip by yelling Soldiers*

Guys, I'm going to hunt something for dinner- Sabriel stated- Sniper, wanna come?

-Ye, sure Sheila- Aussie took out his sniper rifle and began loading it. 

The girl looked at the bushman with concern -I would suggest taking a bow. We don't want to make any noise, which could attract any infected. 

- Fair point, Roo- Sniper agreed. With that, he went to get a bow, while Sabriel went to get the horse ready. She saddled Raya and brought her to the safe room's entrance. Bushman hopped on behind the girl and held her from behind. 

-Ready?- female asked.

 -Yeah, let's go- he nodded.

The two waved to the guys and rode off into the forest. Medic's expression saddened. He was worried for Sabriel, that she would get hurt, or what's worse- stolen from him. Doctor noticed the way Sniper acted around the female, the way he looked at her. German didn't like that at all. He knew what was going on. He had a competition. Medic had to win Sabriel's heart at any cost. He wanted to confess to the girl, before the Aussie got to her first.

*Meanwhile in the forest*

-I can't believe it.. There's no sign of life.. I can't even hear a single sound!- Sabriel sighed.- The zombies must've eaten everything.

-Don't lose hope, Roo. Look.- Sniper whispered to her ear.

The girl stopped the horse and looked in the pointed direction. There was a deer grazing, just a few meters away from them. The two hopped off Raya's back and quietly sneaked closer to the deer. Sabriel drew her arrow and aimed at the animal. 

*SWOOOSH* 

She shot it in it's side. The deer howled in pain and began to run away, injured. Sniper then drew his arrow and after a short chase- shot the animal in it's neck. The deer went down. They got it. Sabriel couldn't believe her eyes. They actually got themselves a dinner. She  threw her arms around Aussie's neck and giggled happily. 

-What a catch, Snipes!- She cheered. 

-Great job, Sheila, you've done well. Ya sure know, where to hit! -Sniper complimented the girl.

 Sabriel grinned and suddenly she felt her face being lifted to face the Aussie. He gently kissed her on the lips. It was so unexpected, that femalemoaned and turned a deep shade of red.  When the kiss was done, she stood frozen in place, not knowing what to say, do or how to react.

 -Sorry, Roo, couldn't help myself- Sniper grinned.

By the time female got back to her senses, bushman has put the prey on Raya's back and secured it from falling. Sabriel stuttered- W-we gotta go back to the guys...

-Heh, ye'r cute, when ya stutter like that.- Aussie teased.

 -Agh stop it!!- She playfully smacked him in the arm, causing Sniper to laugh.

Suddenly they heard leaves rustling. Girl looked in the direction of a noise and noticed a dark figure. No. Two of them.. Three... Wait. Oh no. The realisation hit her like a brick to the head. Infected. The entire herd was slowly approaching. 

-Uh, Sniper? I think we have to hurry back home. The horde is coming this way. I'm afraid they can get to our location soon. - She scooted closer to the man and both of them sat on the horse . Bushman agreed and gallopped back to the team, with Sabriel holding onto him from the back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Well, it seems that our mercenaries will have a surprise soon!

This one took me a bit longer to write, due to lack of time during the day.

I felt a bit weird while writing this.. But hey. It's here, as chapter 12! Working on 13th atm, will probably update tomorrow. I hope you guys are doing well :) Enjoy your evening! Cheers! <3