one.

"Bitch, i know you're lying!" I say laughing as i close the car door behind me and fumble for the keys to my small apartment.
Laughter came from the other side of the phone, she knows shes lying too.

  "Ooookay, i didn't say that but i WANTED to!" Syler exclaims. That girl has a way of exaggerating shit like no one else i've ever met.

"Sy, you know better- you better be nice to that woman," i laughs, "she's crazy as fuck but she means well."
    I walk into my simple apartment and set my things down on the floor, locking the door behind me. It's two am and I am exhausted. I let Syler continue to ramble on about Mrs. Nelson, the craziest teacher I know as i get my things together for a quick shower before I go to sleep.

    "Yeah girl, she's fucking insane, almost made me come completely out of charact-" she pauses, "wait bitch, why are you just getting home the hell?"

   "Girl, I just got off of work." I yawn. Not the typical time to get off if you're a "waitress at a low key diner", but hopefully she bought it.

"mhmm, well i know you're tired, take yo ass to sleep."

"I am after i take this shower babe, call me in the morning or whenever you wake up. I love you sister girl" I smile. Syler exchanged her I love you's and the call ended.

I hate lying to everyone, her especially. But I had to remind myself what I was doing it for. She had to have a better life, regardless of what I had to do to achieve it for her. With that, I quickly strip the black clothes that adorned my body and walked into the shower- the hot water burning the smell of money and  sweaty old men off my skin. My hands still slick with oils and perfumes of the other girls that i helped lather up before I left. I love the fast money of dancing, but I hate the way I would be perceived if the family found out. Regardless, I was tired as hell and felt rich as fuck at the end of every night. Money was all that mattered to me in life at this point, aside from Syler. 

I walk out of the steaming shower feeling slightly more rejuvenated. My head was screaming, the loud music and strobe lights of the club did not mix well tonight. I grab the duffle bag that laid in the living room floor still, pouring the money inside on a towel- $2500. Decent night. I put away half to take to the bank tomorrow, and the other half I quickly stuffed back into the dark blue PINK duffel bag.

Thankfully, I am off of work tomorrow, but honestly I would rather go in. Any other day I would go straight to sleep to prepare for tomorrows shift, but instead I lay quietly on my soft bed in the darkness. The room is cold which helped with the thumping of my head, I contemplate calling Syler back knowing she'd still be awake but instead just closed my eyes.

———-

I wake up the next day to the sound of my phone ringing.
  "hello.." I say groggily, not even knowing who was on the other end.

   "Wake up bitch, we got shit to do!"
Mylika. That bitch is always excited for no damn reason.
  "Girl, its too early for this shi-"

"No ma'am, its about to be one in the afternoon hoe. Wake your ass up, I am on my way." She cuts me off.

  Fuck. I pull my phone from my ear, 12:53 pm. Damn it. I sigh into the phone as I place it back against my face, "Fine. But I need to go to the bank before we do whatever, they close at three."

"Ight hoe, i'll be there in 30."

   I laugh and close my eyes tightly trying to grasp the strength to actually get up and start my day. I stood up, stretching the sleep off my body, and pull some sweats out of my dresser. As I drag my feet on the rough carpet heading into the bathroom I hear my phone go off again. It was Syler. After reminding myself to call her back later, I hop into the shower.