CHAP28-"The butterfly effect"

M    I    N    R    A    E

"Are you sure he is safe" Jungkook whispered, moving closer to my ear before covering them with his hands to add on. "When I was a kid he used to threaten to eat me alive" he continued, whispering loud enough for the immortal being in front of me to hear, whom thankfully was distracted by the coffee machine that slowly poured in his drink.

After travelling through his void of space, it took me a while to get back on my feet. To sum up the experience, it felt like I threw up halfway and swallowed it back again. It felt awful. But like he promised, it only took us a couple of seconds to reach PDA.

As expected, Jimin only had a location in mind, the correct place to land was never in his vocabulary as we were teleported to the clinic cafeteria.

We also tragically ended up on Jungkook's lap in the process. Let's just say he is traumatized for life.

"Did you see Taehyung around?"

"Well, I don't get why you are looking for him when you are served with this for breakfast" he declared, gesturing to his face.

"You kind of remind me why I lost my appetite"

"Ouch, the burn" he replied, clenching his hands towards his shirt.

"Forget about you, I look like I've been picked straight out of the garbage truck" I added, looking at the mess my hair was after the space travelling, through my reflection on the black tainted glass window.

"Ooo self-burn, now those are rare" his NYPD side screamed as he ended it with the same facial expressions as Jake. Not a single trace of bad acting.

Jimin's curiosity faded from the coffee maker and diverted his gaze back to Jungkook who was seated so close to me that even his chair was slightly sitting over mine. The boy wasn't all that brave when the Demon had his eyes fixed on him. Especially since he knew the man long before I did.

The closer Jimin pulled his chair to our side, the more panic danced in Jungkook's eyes. At one point I could feel a small grip on the hemp of my sleeve under the table. His fingers slightly pulled my clothing at every heart beat of his that could be heard out loud.

But then, Jimin smiled wide and threw his arms around Jungkook.

The confused boy had his eyes pop out of its sockets and a big gasp escape his mouth. Jungkook's hands were thrown in midair while trying his best not to fall off the chair at the sudden attack.

"I'm so glad the epitome of knowledge didn't eat you, Junecook" Jimin spoke, squeezing the boy in his arms.

There was genuine happiness in his eyes and it even had me confused for a split second. Is this the same man that threatened to eat Jungkook alive or am I tripping for the fifth time today? Regardless, Jungkook wasn't going in for the sudden affection and kept gesturing and mouthing me for help. He pulled my sleeve to an extend of ripping it soon. But to his luck, Jimin pulled away, now holding both his shoulder.

"I will personally feed you back to the monster after I get my feather from you"

Well, there we go.

"First of all, my name is Jungkook. Second, am I being scarified? No right?" he asked, eyes moving from me to Jimin repeatedly. "Please, leave me alone. I'm too young and rich to be sacrificed" Jungkook continued, eyes as wide as it could get, pleading. "I also have a date tonight, so like..."

"From close, you kind of still resemble that caretaker a lot. Actually no, I see no difference. You were good looking back then and now" he completed with an eye smile.