THE RECEPTION

Aryan's POV :-

My sleep is broken by some weird noise to my left and something soft and warm hugging me . I push my head up and look to see Jhanvi cuddling me , her head resting on my chest and one arm draped on my abdomen. I again lay flat on the pillow and stare up at the ceiling. Without trying to wake her up I push my hand forward to grab her phone. When my hand finds it , I notice the alarm had went off and it's nine in the morning. I put off the alarm and take a look at Jhanvi.
She is indeed a heavy sleeper. Generally I always wake up before the alarm even rings and it has become a habit. But maybe all the stress of the wedding caught me up . I slowly detach myself from her and place a pillow where I was previously sleeping. She still doesn't wake up despite the movements . I kiss her forehead and go to the bathroom to have a shower .

I come out of bathroom and go towards the bed to wake her up.
"Jhanvi , wake up ." I shake her shoulders.
" Mhmmm ,  Mumma five more minutes please . " She moaned in her slumber. That did things to me. Nasty and wild things to me . She even called me her Mom in her sleep. So I left her to catch up more sleep.

When I went down to have breakfast , everyone was already at the breakfast table.

"Good morning Kaddu ." Dadi greets me and from the corner of my eye I see Sia giggling .

I mumble a small morning and start eating.
"Where is my daughter -in -law ?" Dadi asks .

"She's still sleeping ." I reply without looking at her.

"Oh , she must have been tired from yesterday ." At this Sameer and Mira start laughing .

"Dadi!"

"Stop being grumpy . After you're done , take this breakfast upstairs for her. " She says handing me the tray.  I simply nod to avoid further embarrassment.

When I enter back to the bedroom I see Jhanvi is making the bed , which she fails to do as the sheets are coming off of the bed and pillows are fallen down while she is muttering to herself.

"What are you doing?" I ask and keep the tray at the coffee table.

" You ! Why did you not wake me up earlier ? Will you look at the time now ? It's ten ! What will Dadi think of me ! I can't even wake up on time . What am I supposed to do now ? " She is blabbering and trying to fix the bed and her nose is flaring. I move towards her and sensing my presence she turns to me which leads to us falling on the bed . Me on top of her.
"What are you doing ?" I put a hand on her mouth to stop her ranting .

"First of all stop blabbering ,OK ." She nods her head so I remove my hand . But the minute I do so she starts again .

"What will I do now tell me , She is going to be mad at me ."

This girl isn't going to stop like this , so I kiss her just below her lower lips and she instantly shut up. He eyes grow wide at my action.
"Now , listen to me . "
She just nods her head and her lips clamp shut .

" I've brought breakfast for you . Have it , take a shower and then go down to greet them . OK ." She shakes her head in approval.

"Words , baby ."

"Yes."

"Good and yeah don't worry Dadi or anyone else won't be mad at you ." She humms at my assurance. I place a lingering kiss on her cheek and stand up from the bed and give her a hand to stand up too. She walks to the coffee table and starts eating her meal and I fix the bed. All the while I feel her stare at my back .

"I know I am handsome , baby but stop staring . I feel shy ."

"You are shameless ." She says and looks elsewhere not wanting to show she got caught red handed .