𝐊𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 | 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 2

It had been a few days since I had my encounter with Rafe and Topper where I had my necklace stolen

It had been a few days since I had my encounter with Rafe and Topper where I had my necklace stolen. I told JJ a million times that I would just buy us new ones but he insisted he would get mine back so I didn't have to spend my money.

We hadn't run into the Kooks for a few days but with JJ going back to work at a club in Figure Eight he was sure to run into them.

As of right now I was sleeping peacefully snuggled up in my boyfriend's body when I suddenly felt his warmth turn into a cold pillow.

My eyes fluttered open at the missing of his presence to find him slowly slipping on his work uniform across the room.

"JJ, come back" I whined desperately for him to suffocate me with his cuddles I loved so dearly.

"Well, good morning to you too" He chuckled, giving me a tired smile before walking over to me and giving me a kiss on the forehead. "I'm heading to work"

"Do you have to?" I asked, giving him a pouty lip. The last thing I wanted him to do was going to work, I just wanted to spend the day with him.

"Do you want us to starve?" JJ joked, shaking his head as he grabbed his keys and phone off the nightstand. "But I'll be back this evening, baby"

He gave me one last kiss on the lips before heading out the door to leave me in the empty bedroom by myself. He had just left and I was already missing him. Whenever he wasn't around me I felt empty and dull. He was my life. He was the one who brightened my day and gave me joy.

The day dragged on and on seeming to never end. Maybe it was just cause I was bored with nothing to do.

I was reading a book, curled up in a blanket, and piled up on the couch when I heard the jangling sound of keys at the door.

My eyes flickered up to the clock in the wall it was too early for JJ to be home from his shift. The door swung open and to my surprise there stood JJ, lazily stepping into our apartment.

"JJ?" I called out, closing my book and standing up to make my way over to his zombie-like state.

Once I got close enough, I noticed his hand clasped on his nose. I furrowed my eyebrows until I realized he had bruises and blood littering his face.

"Oh my god," I gasped, lunging forward to hold his head in my hands so I could get a better look at his beaten-up complexion.

He moved his hand off his face revealing a red substance pouring out of his swelled and a slightly purple nose. But suddenly a toothy grin grew across his lips making me wrinkle my eyebrows in confusion as to why he was smiling.

"I-I got the necklace" he choked out with a small chuckle as he held up my necklace Rafe had stolen from me earlier that week. I stared at him with a sad but shocked expression. I wanted the cheer and jump for joy but the sight of JJ's broken face made me want to cry. I was sure a small tear had slipped from my eye. He was so proud of himself even though he looked almost dead.

"JJ, I told you I would buy new ones" I muttered, rubbing my thumb over the hair just above his ear.

"I got it" he whispered, his eyes fluttering and his body falling weak.

"JJ!" I shouted as I caught his arms before he hit the floor and I dragged him over to the couch, pushing his heavy body up onto it.

I quickly rushed it to the kitchen, grabbing an ice pack out of the refrigerator before returning back to the blonde.

I brushed the hair out of his face before resting the ice back on his forehead. My hand caressed his cheek that didn't appear to be harmful. I smiled weakly at the thought of JJ standing his ground and taking hits from Rafe and/or Topper just to get a simple piece of jewelry that had so much meaning to the two of us.

I took this time to examine JJ's bruised nose that still had blood pouring out of it. It didn't appear out of place or broken but it did look pretty painful.

Soon enough the Pogue had woken, his eyelids blinking open to reveal his stone blue orbs.

"Hi" I whispered, putting on a smile as he groaned and rubbed his temple.

"Fuck" he grunted, his hand brushing over his forehead, pushing away the ice pack then he sat up a tad, laying his back against the couch.

"Here keep this on your nose" I commanded while handing him the ice he had pushed off himself "Stops the swelling"

He did as I said, placing the pack on his nose, which made him hiss in pain so I placed my hand on his knee to let him know I was there for him.

"You didn't have to do that, J" I explained softly, tracing circle eights with my thumb across his rough knee.

"We can't just let them steal from us,
Y/n" he replied, drawing his eyebrows together and shaking his head rapidly.

"Plus they were being assholes, to begin with" he claimed, rolling his eyes as he rested his head again on the back of the couch in defeat. I nodded to show him that I was listening and he could go on. He took the note and continued rambling. "I was just serving some drinks like usual and then Rafe and his two henchmen came up to the bar and started laughing and making fun of me behind my back"

JJ had been working as a bartender at some club in Figure Eight so it didn't surprise me that he would have an encounter with the three Kooks, and knowing JJ he probably wasn't too happy when seeing them. Especially after what they had done.

"So I called him it for hitting you, a girl, and stealing.....one thing lead to another and I got my ass handed to me, and then I might have sorta got fired but I got the necklace didn't I?" He let out a little laugh at the last sentence like what he had said before wasn't a big deal. He had got the shit beaten out of him and fired in the same day just to get back something that belonged to me. What had I done to deserve a boy like JJ?

"The things you do" I sighed, running my hands down his shoulders to comfort him.

"The things I do for you" he corrected then giving me a tap on the nose and I scrunched it up in response.

"Here sit on my lap" he suddenly said before padding his thighs, a grin on his lips.

I moved so I was sitting on his lap, wondering why he wanted me in this position. Unexpectedly, I felt him brush my hair off my neck, moving it to the side. Then he slid a cold metal across my neck and I instantly recognized it as the necklace. A smile appeared on my face as he clipped it in the back. I flipped over so I was facing him but still prop in his lap. I saw his eyes light up and his fingers flipped over the charm on the chain, showing off the two J's that were neatly carved into it.

"You look beautiful as always" he cooed as we both exchanged grins of pure happiness. "I love it when you wear my name around your neck"

"And I love it when you wear mine" I muttered, pulling his necklace out from under his shirt collar before leaning forward to wrap my arms around his shoulders and hug him tightly. I felt his strong arms wrap around me as well as he buried his face into my shoulder. We stayed like that for a few minutes just enjoying the fact that we were both holding each other dearly.

"Butttt....that's not the only thing I like around your neck" JJ suddenly whispered with a sly chuckle which made me gasp at his dirty comment.

"You just ruined our moment" I giggled, giving his bicep a playful punch.