[1] Sugawara Koushi

"Sugawara!!" You screamed, panting heavily as you stopped running to rest your legs

"Sugawara!!" You screamed, panting heavily as you stopped running to rest your legs. The boy turned his head around to face you, smiling brightly afterwards. "Hi, l/n!" He greeted you cheerfully before frowning with worry. "You look so tired from running. Are you okay?" Asked Sugawara as he held your shoulders.

You blushed slightly at the warm touch of his, replying with a simple nod and smile. "Okay, let's go to class!" He said cheerfully, walking to school by your side.

You were in the same grade as Sugawara, but in a different class. You waved him goodbye as you walked into your classroom, already missing him. His presence really meant a lot to you, since you are dating after all. Missing your boyfriend may be cheezy but it's only normal to do so, right?

Classes seemed so long and boring, but the bell finally rang, indicating that lunch time has begun. You rushed out of the classroom and into the cafeteria. You eyes scanned around the room in a rather quick pace, trying to find a particular boy as soon as possible. 'There he is!'

"Sugawara!!" You yelled happily, not caring about people hearing you shout since the cafeteria is filled with people, nobody will really notice anyways. "L/n!" He shouted back, waving at you.

You sat down facing him, happy to see him again after a long day. You looked down at your food, smiling widely and excited because of how hungry you were. As you ate your food, you heard him giggle softly. 'Ah, music to my ears >:D'

You looked up at him with a questioned expression. "What?" You asked with your mouth full of food. He giggled harder, making it sound like a laugh instead of a giggle. "What?!" You asked again, getting more confused.

He stopped his laughter and looked at you with such a loving gaze, smiling softly at you. "You know, you're really adorable, y/n." He said, making you incredibly surprised. Not only did he called you adorable, he started using your first name too. "Why are you so surprised? Oh, right. Is it okay for me to start calling you by your first name? We're dating after all." He looked down still with his soft smile, slightly blushing. "Yeah, s-sure." You smiled, "Can I call you Koushi?"

He looked up at you, his blush getting more visible. "U-uh! Yes, of course you c-can! It's just a little embarrassing hearing that for the first time..." You were both basically as red as tomatoes at this point. An awkward silence started, leaving you both embarrassed.

"But...really. You really are adorable." He spoke up, making you look at his eyes. "The way you scream my name every time you see me, the way you look at your food with excitement, the way you talk with your mouth full, the way you talk and get all embarrassed, it's all so cute to me." He continued. That was it. Your heart was going to burst. You're going to die out of embarrassment :D

"S-STOP IT!" You covered your face, not being able to look at him in the eye. He laughed at your flustered state before continuing his lunch.

"Oh also, you changed your hairstyle today, right?" He asked you. You looked up at him surprised. "Wait, you noticed?" He chuckled, "Of course! I already noticed since this morning. I just haven't pointed it out yet." You looked down smiling, he really does pay attention to you.

-

School ended with you burnt out. You walked out of the classroom lazily, tired with all the things you learnt today. You walked out of the school entrance looking down at your shoes with bore. "Y/n!" You heard someone calling your name. You recognize that voice, so clearly that it made your heart jump. "Koushi!" You shouted with joy, forgetting all the tiredness you felt earlier as you ran towards him. "Ah, there it is again!" He chuckled. "What do you mean?" You asked in confusion.

"You did it again, you screamed my name when you saw me." He replied. You smiled widely in embarassment. He sure does know how to make your heary flutter. "Oh, by the way." He pulled handed you a paper bag. "This is for you, I saw this yesterday and I wanted to give it to you."

You took the bag and looked inside. Your eyes widen. It was a small keychain of a heart in your favorite color. "It's just a simple heart, but it's in your favorite color and I thought you might like it-"

"I love it!!!" You interrupted him as he just smiled at you softly. "I'm glad you do." You held the keychain tightly and placed it in your bag gently, making sure you don't drop or break it. "Thank you, Koushi." You smiled at him, admiring his attractive face. ( hoho >:) ) "You're welcome, y/n. Now, let's go to a cafe and eat some warm bread and coffee, shall we?" You jumped slightly in excitement. "Really?! Let's go!!" He laughed at your cuteness as he walked beside you. 

He looked down at your hand as if it's giving off some magnetic attraction towards his. 'Can I?' He thought. He hesitated for a while before deciding to hold your hand anyways. You were shocked at his sudden gesture, but returned the gesture and succeeded to hold his hand without blushing so hardly. You both walked to the cafe, holding hands while talking about random things. 

After having your meal in the cafe, you decided to go home since it was getting late. "I'll walk you home." He said. "Are you sure? You should go home and take a rest." You replied, worried about him. "No, no. I'm fine. Besides, I want be with you a little longer." You sighed as your cheeks got warmer. "You always say things that are so cheezy." You smiled. "Well, it's not my fault! I really mean it, okay." He chuckled along as you both started walking.

"You know, you are adorable too." You spoke. "Hm? How so?" He asked as he held your hand once more. "Well, the way you care about me and worry about me, the way you smile, the way you know exactly what I like, the way you notice little things about me and the way you treat me. You really do care about me and simply knowing that makes me happy." You smiled at him, looking at his cute flustered face.

"Oh, now I understand how you felt today at lunch. I guess this is pretty embarassing, hm?" He looked away, still beaming at your words. You chuckled, "This is revenge!" You saw your house getting closer, feeling kind of sad that he had to leave you.

"Take care of yourself, okay? Take some rests, drink water, eat your dinner, make sure you--" He kept going on and on, but you knew it was because he cared about you. You laughed, "Okay, mom. I'll do what you say." He smiled at you, "I'm not your mom, idiot." You chuckled softly. "Call me later, okay? Bye bye!" He said as he waved you goodbye as you walked into your house.

-

You decided to call him right before you sleep, clicking on his number and pressing the call button. "Hello?" He picked up right away. "Hello!" You greeted him. "Ah, hearing your voice is so calming, even through phone." You stuffed your face into your pillow, smiling at yourself. "I love hearing your voice too." You replied shyly.

You talked about all things you've done today and he did too. Slowly, your eyes felt heavy and you drifted off to sleep, him too. You both fell asleep in the call together all through the night, feeling each other's presence through a screen.

You woke up the next day and got ready, only to see Koushi waiting for you outside your house. "Koushi!" You screamed out his name. You gasped lightly, "I did it again!" He laughed before nodding his head. "Yeah, you did. I want to hear that forever." He said, picking up your school bag. "It must be heavy, I'll hold it for you." He offered. "Won't it be too heavy for you, carrying 2 bags at the same time?" You asked him. "No, no. I'm strong!" He laughed. "Alright, let's go to school!" You cheered.

A warm morning, 2 lovers walking to school, a jingle of a particular heart keychain on a school bag, laughter in the air.

The lovers who knew how to say they love each other without saying "I love you."