Prologue - The Birth of Scorpion

3rd POV

It is currently early seventeenth century Japan. 1617 to be exact. Right now though, a scorpion is fighting off multiple ants that are surround it it, both with its pincers and stinger, with the ants that are dying letting out shrieks before they're killed.

As this was happening, a boy who is about eight to ten years old watched as a man who looks around thirty walks over to the boy and places a hand on his shoulder. This is Y/n Hasashi.

Y/n: "Look, what do you see?"

The boy, whose name is Satoshi, looks up at his father.

Satoshi: "Papa, the scorpion, it needs help."

Y/n then kneels down next to his son as he wraps an arm around his shoulder.

Y/n: "Life is cruel, Satoshi. It doesn't care where you are from, what God you pray to. It is. So you must face it head on. See the scorpion?" 

They both shift their attention towards said animal as it continues to fight off against the ants surrounding it. 

Y/n: "No matter how many enemies, it continues on. It is strong, yes. It is fast. But do you know why the scorpion is feared?" 

Satoshi shakes his head no.

Y/n: "Its will."

Said scorpion then proceeds to use its tail and stinger to kill even more ants that are surrounding it as they climb further upon the ant hill. That is until the scorpion descends said the hill, which causes the ants to follow. Then Y/n knelt down in front of his son.

Y/n: "Willpower is what makes your destiny your own. Learn to be strong, here and here." He said as he pointed at both Satoshi's head and heart. "Promise me you'll remember that?"

Satoshi: "I will, Papa."

Y/n runs a hand affectionately through his son's hair before he stands up.

Y/n: "Now, let's get home. Your mother is making dinner, and she won't be happy if we're late."

He kneels down as Satoshi chuckles a bit before he jumps on his father's back and wraps his arms around the older man's neck as Y/n got a good grip on Satoshi's legs to keep him from falling.

Y/n: "Hold on."

Satoshi yells in joy before he laughs as his father ran back towards their village while carrying him.

Satoshi: "Faster, Papa, faster!"

By the time the pair of father and son get back to the village of where Y/n's clan, the Shirai Ryu, is located, the sun has soon set and it is now the evening, shown by the full moon shining brightly up above. As Y/n approaches to the entrance of the village with Satoshi on his back, his son laughs in delight as he had enjoyed the piggyback ride his father has given him.