Soft

Having friends was something that Lemon Demon never considered to be important. The closest thing he had for a friend was bonding with two chaotic kids. They scared him more than he scared them. It was nice to meet someone that didn't run away from him immediately though.

Lemon wouldn't consider those two kids his friends. That was pathetic.

He always thought that he didn't need friends. His life purpose was eating everything and everyone in sight.

Priorities have changed for Lemon though.

Recently, he has met a young man who smelled of desperation and Lemon couldn't get enough of it. His name was Senpai.

They met one night in an alleyway while Lemon was hunting for fresh human meat. Sen stumbled across him consuming someone mid-meal. Senpai found it funny that he was eating someone that was apparently a jackass to him at his job. Lem would have usually devoured him along with that guy but he could tell Sen was different.

This man wasn't really human himself. He looked completely human, an especially handsome one, but inside was a spirit-like creature. Demons were rare in this world, and anytime Lemon found them it was a delectable snack but Sen wasn't meant to be snacked on.

He learned that Senpai was once a human who was trapped inside a video game character. He wanted revenge against the person who did that to him. Lemon really wanted to eat that person as well. It made the match even more perfect.

They often hung out with each other after that fateful night. Lemon could sit there for hours learning about all the things that happened in Sen's everyday life. His favorite subject was any information he got about Sen himself .

Learning about Sen's favorite foods and hobbies made him very happy.

It made him sad to learn about how much it was a struggle being in that video game. How he felt abandoned a lot because his previous relationships left him. How when he tried dating other people nothing felt right.

Lemon wanted to make all those sad thoughts go away.

Lemon also felt warm anytime Sen tried to find information about himself. There wasn't much to tell. He didn't even want revenge on anyone or hated anyone like Sen. He was a monster that just needed to eat. He did tell Sen about how cooking and making music made him happy, but that wasn't that interesting.

Sen was the interesting one who had many friends and passions.

Being friends with Sen has caused him to feel many things. Lemon first hated all these emotions but overall it made him feel more alive.

On one of their fateful nights hanging out, Senpai was leaning against the wall of the alleyway looking up at the sky. Lemon Demon was sitting on the ground just looking up at him. He noticed that Sen was mildly uncomfortable. He did offer for him to sit down with him but Sen refused saying something about how he hated his clothes getting dirty.

"Lemon, aren't you tired of meeting up here," Sen finally said.

Lemon didn't mind, it was his territory. Dark and cold places were his comfort. It made him a little sad that his companion didn't share that same likeness.

"Where else would we go?"

"Well, we can't go to my apartment, I don't think my roommates would appreciate having you drool all over them."

"Sen! I do not drool."

"Sure," Sen smirked.

Lemon could feel his cheeks warm looking at that smile. It was so powerful, it made him wish he had lips.