•13•

I wake up to a tap on my shoulder.
I look and see Nash before quickly looking down and walking out of the seat to dad.
He hugs me and kisses me on the forehead.

We walk to baggage claim and then to get a rental van.

We drive to the hotel and check in.
It's midnight so we walk up to our rooms.

Dad and I are sharing a room.
I change and lay down.

"Are you excited?" he asks with a smile.
Me, being me, assumes that he's talking about my birthday tomorrow, nods and lays down to sleep.
"Sleep tight princess," he whispers as he kisses my cheek and my eyes close.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up and smile. I take a shower and put on some clothes.
I walk out of the bathroom and see dad on my bed smiling.
I expect he's going to tell me happy birthday. But, he says,"Are you excited to meet everyone?"
Really?
You really thought I was THAT excited to meet a bunch of strange creeps?
Dude,No.
You're supposed to be my dad.

"Yeah," I say quietly before mumbling a quick "I'll be back," as I go BACK into the bathroom and lock the door.

I turn on the sink so he doesn't hear my sobs, then I sit on the toilet cover, bring my knees to my chest and cry.
I let the tears flow.

I thought he actually loved me.
I'm done with the entire concept.

I hear a knock on the door.
"Spence, baby girl are you okay?"
"Yeah."
"Come out and meet everyone," he says.
"k," then I get up and splash water on my face before walking out.

He tries to hug me but I walk past him.
We leave the room and go to someone else's.

"Spencer, this is-" millions of names later, They've all said hey and all things sweet and that involve personality, I reply with a short and simple hi.
No emotion attached.
I see "dad" tense up in the corner.

Like, dude you don't get the right to be upset. You don't even know that my birthday is today.

I'm sure that  it says somewhere on those papers you signed that my birthday is MARCH 16TH!

Didn't you read ANY of it?
"Can I go now?" I ask HIM.
"No? Why would you leave you just got here?"
I shrug and say," Well, I guess what I meant to say was that I'm leaving. So, bye." I say with a smile and walk out.

I walk down the hall of the floor that's rented out for everybody on tour.
When I get to the end, I just break down. I slide down the wall and just cry.

I hear the door open and then "Spencer?"
Nash.
Why today?!

"Spencer what's wrong?" he asks as he sits down next to me. He tries to put his arm around me but I scoot over.
"C'mon Spence, don't be like that."

I just look at him.
"Like what?"
"Far and distant. You act like someone did something to you. Spencer, this isn't you."

Did he just-he did,didn't he?
"I'm not acting in a 'way'. Someone did do something to me. And you have NO right to tell me who I am. I'm me. If you don't like it, then maybe you should get Cameron to quit being an asshole and take me back. Maybe someone else will fit into your requirements."

"Watch your mouth. And no, no one did anything to you, so stop acting like a brat."

"Don't tell me to watch my mouth. And you did something to me yourself. And you know what's worse?"

"What?" he raises his voice.

"MY OWN DAD FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY!IS THAT ENOUGH? DO YOU WANT TO KEEP INSULTING ME, OR IS IT GOING TO STOP? I'M SORRY THAT I'M UPSET MY DAD FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY! You forgot too.I bet you didn't even care enough to know."

And with that, I get up and walk to "our" room.

"Spencer come here," "dad" says from the doorway he just walked in to.

I wipe my tears before standing up.
"Wait, are you crying?" he rushes next to me and tries to hug me. I push him away again.

"Leave me alone," I say walking out.
"What is your problem?" he asks.
"You are," I say quietly.
"What was that?" he asks raising his voice.
"YOU ARE!"
I hear a door open and I know they're all watching this.

"SPENCER LYNN DALLAS YOU WILL NOT TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! HOW AM I YOUR PROBLEM?" he screams/asks.

"I'M SORRY THAT MY SUPPOSED TO BE DAD FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY! You might as well ship me back. You never cared anyways."

I allow more tears to fall as I walk into the bathroom of "our" room and locking the door.
I don't even cry. I just sit on the floor and stare at the wall.
They bang on the door and try to get in, but I drown them out.

Slowly, my eyes close, and I'm asleep.