Discomfort|Fushiguro xTM

Warnings: Gender dysphoria, Negative self-talk(like pretty bad self-deprecation, to the point of physical exhaustion), misgendering and megumi trying to comfort.

(Extra sugary fluff at the end)
______________________
Your head was down, hoodie pulled over to hide your sour expression.
"Stupid pieces of-"

You grumbled the rest of your cursing, repeatedly kicking the same rock as you walked back to the first year dorms.

You just finished dealing with a very frustrating shift at your part-time job and the entire time people would chat with you, 
Which you didn't mind, but for some reason, today it was always "missy" "miss" "sweetie" "lady" or some ridiculously feminine 'compliment' and most of them just sounded like sugar coated cat-calling.

Normally you could just shrug it off without a second thought and correct them or tell them to stop, but every time you tried to correct them, they would be the ones to shrug it off or ignore it.
So with that, and the annoying fact of an out of control sleep schedule and the stress of the schools pathetically high expectations, it became overwhelming.
The old emotions, thoughts and everything else started coming back.
The headaches, the turning in your stomach and the drowsiness.

By the time you made your way to the dorms, the thoughts had appeared and started to eat away at your usually confident self.

'I should have expected this, I'm not a real guy after all.'

You didn't realize Itadori and Megumi's greetings, you just walked past them and headed to your room.

"Be surprised that they even tolerate you."

The door to your room was shoved open, then shut.

"I probably deserved it."

The thoughts started to pile up, getting more vicious and dark.

"Am I a burden to others?"
"This is probably just a dumb hassle to them."
"It's a stupid task they shouldn't be bothered about"
"I'm just being selfish again"

You had shrugged off your coat, shoes and other clothing by the time you made it to your bed, only in the thin, white tank top with your black binder and boxers.

"My parents were right. .."

Your head was spinning, yet you managed to crawl under your covers and snuggle up into the fat frog plushie that Megumi gave you several years ago.
You laid down, head facing the window and your back to the door, curled up in the fetal position.

"Conversion therapy probably should have been the way to go. . ."

The thoughts had leveled themselves, still being harsh, cruel and cold. But not getting any worse at least, however it had made your brain shut down.
You ended up overwhelmed, so as a sort of last resort, you shut off all emotions.

"Things would have probably been easier if only I was normal."

It was exhausting, and you were left so tired you couldn't move. At this point, sleep is all you were begging for, but your head was still running wild with the dysphoria so that wasn't going to be an option for a while.

"What do the others actually think about me?"

You hugged the plushie closer, not realizing the tightness in your chest starting to worsen.

"Does Megumi actually love me?"

Tears started to cloud your vision, spilling past your eyelids and down your face, dripping onto the frog in your arms, only making your guilt worse.
Yet you still held a cold face, and tried to bury everything you felt.

You didn't recognize the sound of your bedroom door creaking open.

3rd person POV

Fushiguro and Itadori were sitting in the living room, Fushi' on the couch with Dori' sitting on the floor next to him.
An Animal channel was playing on the TV, showing clips of various animals in the stages of life. Itadori's eyes were sparkling, left in awe at the different baby mammals waddling across the screen.

Y/n had made his way through the door which caught the two boys' attention.
Itadori paused the TV and waved at the tired teen, saying the usual ‘Welcome back!’ while Fushiguro gave the boy a soft smile and lazily opened his arms, expecting Y/n to do the usual and flop into them.
But to their surprise, he just walked past the living room and around the corner to the bedrooms.

They both stayed quiet, until Itadori broke the silence.

"Is it just me or did he seem kind of, out of it. . ."
He looked up to Fushiguro, only to see him staring at his empty arms with a disappointed frown.

"Yeah. Something isn't right."

". . . Should you go talk to him? I mean, you are his boyfriend after all."

Itarori flinched away when he got glared at, but Fushiguro only sighed as he stood up and walked down the hall towards Y/n's bedroom.

He walked up to the door and leaned in, expecting to hear something.
But it was dead silence, which just added to his suspicions so he reached down and slowly opened the door.

He was greeted with clothing on the floor and a lump under the covers on the bed.
The boy let out another sigh, and reached out to touch Y/n's shoulder.

2rd person POV

You had just managed to close your eyes, mind you it was by shoving your face into the fuzzy plushie you were snuggling but still.
A hand grazed itself across your shoulder, 
Scaring you so badly that you screamed and accidentally slapped the person touching you.

Startled into sitting up and facing the person, you panicked when you realized it was Megumi who you hit.
Your binder tightened, and your ability to breathe only got worse with each breath.

"Gumi?! O-oh god I-I'm so sorry I didn't-"

You froze mid-apology, as Megumi just leaned in and wrapped his arms around you, bringing your chest right up against his own.
Silence took over the entire room only interrupted when he shifted a bit to sit down on the bed, still not letting go.

A moment passed when Megumi broke the silence.

"You're still breathing too fast."

"I know-"

"And you forgot to remove your binder again."

". . ."

He moved to the side to look you in the eyes, clear concern written all over him.

"Y/n, what happened?"

You just stared at him, and finally the thoughts were gone.
He really does love you, idiot.

You couldn't help but chuckle before crumbling down into tears and explaining to him how the day went.
He pulled you into another hug, laying himself down on the bed so you could lay on his chest.
The entire time, he simply rocked you back and forth and ran his hands through your hair.

Partway through he managed to convince you to remove your binder, but didn't stop you from venting.
When you were done sobbing, minus the spare hiccup or sniffle here and there, 
Exhaustion had finally taken over and you slowly fell asleep, not before feeling Megumi lean down and place a soft kiss to your forehead.
______________________
And here it is!!
Sorry this took a while to come out, I'm in University prep classes and although I've only been in it for 2 weeks I'm already tired😭, but the teachers are making it fun so there's that!

Next up, Morning cuddles with Itadori (and Sukuna being an asshole of a third wheel) :>