𝑤ℎ𝑦 ℎ𝑖𝑚

"𝑖 𝑒𝑛𝑣𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑑"
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚒 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚝 𝟼𝚙𝚖 𝚘𝚗 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝚒 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚒 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖, 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚎
"𝑖 𝑒𝑛𝑣𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑑"

꧁ ꧂

As the sobs that seemed to last an eternity finally ended, I looked up.

I looked up to face the boy who saved my life. 

The boy who kept me from answering the everlasting and unanswered question "what happens after death?".

"Miles?"

The name escaped my lips as more of a question than anything else.

I looked up into his gorgeous green eyes as the frigid winter wind blew his fluffy black hair into his face.

I'm sure my facial expression gave it away, but I was shocked, what was my ex bestfriends older brother doing here and was I, Amaia Amor Adler holding onto him for dear life.

I quickly broke the embrace and began my search for home guilty tears streaming down my face.

•TIME SKIP•

The sound of my chattering teeth grew louder with each step I took, one foot after another until I was finally met with my front door, reaching for the door knob I hesitated slightly, numbing my emotions preparing myself mentally and physically.

The overwhelming negative feeling I got as soon as I opened the door warned me of what was to come.

She was drinking again.

She hasn't stopped since dad died, I barely see her anymore. When I do, it's not her, she's a whole different person, a stranger, not my mother.

The potent smell of alcohol filled my nostrils as I headed towards my room, the only safe place I had left.

I payed no attention to the endless beer cans on the coffee table, or my mother passed it drunk on the couch.

The sight angered me....it made me feel alone...so,so alone.

I've never had a real friend, well I thought I did, last year, my first friend, my bestfriend.

I never realized what a horrible and manipulative person she was, until it was too late, until I was already attached, until I was left to sulk alone.

Alone once again.

CREDITS: Quote by @contemporarypoet (TikTok) THE REST BY YOURS TRULY<3

I wonder what her bestie did🤭🤭🤭🤭

Word count: 364