2

Vulnerability

Releasing a content sigh, you left yours and Severus's shared chambers as you gleefully made your way from the dungeons

Having had a free period after teaching your second lesson of the day, Severus also, the two of you had decided to spend your free hour in your chambers.
You hadn't done much, simply curled up with books in front of the fire on the large armchair, you sat on his lap as he read to you with the occasional head kiss every now and then.
It had been cosy, and you found that there was no better way to spend a cold December morning.

Feeling refreshed, you finally found the stairs, taking a gulp as you watched them move around like a complicated puzzle.
Things were all still very new to you here at Hogwarts, considering that you'd only started teaching less than a month prior, Albus having convinced you to fill the position of being the History Of Magic professor.
You weren't all too thrilled, of course it was delightful to be able to teach, but Severus had often returned to your shared home in Spinners End with a scowl harsher than usual as he complained how his students were all falling asleep in his class after having just sat through a History Of Magic class.
But when he heard that Albus had offered you the job, he was ecstatic for you and persisted that you take it without hesitation.
You smiled upon remembering how proud he was, throwing his arms around you when you'd told him the news, showering your face in sweet kisses.
However, you were rather apprehensive about the whole situation, as it was clear to you that most students loathed History of Magic. Your assumption had only been proven correct when you'd introduced yourself to your first group of students in your first class all those weeks ago. Having smiled welcomingly, you were rather disappointed to see the glum looks of boredom plastered on all of their faces.
But after a few days, you'd began to liven them all up a notch, with fresh new ideas to act on in class and far more exciting textbooks with illustrations and vivid colours. It had only been simple, little things that you'd altered but the students seemed to be eating it all up. In retrospect, you realised that anything was better to them rather than the droning voice of their old Professor Binns, whom had been their previous teacher for that subject.

It was most apparent to you that you were a welcomed presence here at Hogwarts, and Severus couldn't be more proud if he tried.
The students had found out about the two of yous relationship, the professors already informed, and had began noticing changes in their usual potions master. It seemed as though you being in the castle with him at all times was making the man soften, his usual glares losing their intimidation along with the sneer that was constantly etched into his features.
You couldn't help but to tease him about this sometimes, calling him a softie which he disdained immensely, always rolling his eyes at the name with an irritable growl.

Zoning out of your thoughts, your attention refocused itself on the looming stairs before you, the endless amount of framed paintings on the wall stared at you mockingly as you feebly attempted to jump from stair to stair without stumbling, sometimes landing unsuccessfully.
On your first few days, Severus had assisted you when using the stairs and you had seemed to cope just fine, with you holding onto him for stabilisation.
You could only imagine how he'd react if he could see you now, as you frantically jumped and rushed your way up the stairs with stumbles and trips, a smirk engraved into his features.
Oh this is bloody ridiculous, all of this work and I only need to get to my next class! You thought with a scoff as you finally finished your mission on those insufferable stairs.
With a toss of your hair and a fan of your face using one of the many books you carried with you, you were finally composed enough to enter your room as you strolled through the hallway.