I'm Wishing

Queen Grimhilde was once the beloved queen of her kingdom, ruling side by side with her wonderful husband and lonely stepson. However, during a horrific war, the king was lost, causing Grimhilde to slowly lose her sanity and distance herself from everyone she held dear, including her increasingly attractive stepson, Snow.

Now, the king had gifted her a mirror from her late father's shop, one that was possessed by the spirit of her dead father, the one who so cruelly called her ugly when she was a child. But when he was in the mirror, he was cursed to tell her the truth always.

On this particular day, the queen was beginning her morning ritual of approaching the mirror and saying the words that would make him show himself.

"Slave in the magic mirror," she recited. "Come from the farthest space. Through wind and darkness I summon thee...speak! Let me see thy face."

On cue, the face appeared as thunder cracked and wind howled, filling the queen with joy, sorrow, and anger.

"What wouldst thou knowest, my queen?" he asked monotonously.

"Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"

She expected to hear the same answer that she did everyday from daddy dearest: her. But what he said next threw her for a loop.

"Famed is thy beauty, Majesty. But hold, a lovely servant I see. Rags cannot hide his gentle grace. Alas, he is far more fair than thee."

She threw her cape up. "Alas for him! Reveal his name."

He spoke as if he were reading from a script. "Lips red as the rose, hair black as ebony, skin white as snow."

Her mouth fell open as she grabbed her broach. "Snow White!"

-

Outside, the young prince was scrubbing around the courtyard's well, yet another present for his stepmother gifted by his father. Sighing, he dumped the bucket of water out, then sat by the well, birds surrounding him.

"Want to know a secrete?" he asked innocently to them. "Promise not to tell? We are standing by a wishing well."

Snow:
Make a wish into the well
That's all you have to do
And if you hear it echoing,
Your wish will soon come true

He leaned over, still singing as it echoed back.

Snow:
I'm wishing [I'm wishing]
For the one I love
To find me [To find me]
Today [Today]

I'm hoping [I'm hoping]
And I'm dreaming of
The nice things [The nice things]
She'll say [She'll say]

Ah ah ah ah ah [Ah ah ah ah ah]
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah