𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍.

melody to the ears.
chapter fifteen-

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

TODAY WAS nothing unusual- the familiar smell that lingers around accompanied by the sense of two young teenagers hanging around the apartment room is a daily routine.

They can't be separated, they both had grown attached to themselves.

With his vision focused on the television infront of him and with the of footsteps sound coming up to him- Hanma turned and tilted his head to the side, his eyes staring at the guitar you had on hand and with a big grin on your face- you raised the object up high.

"I found this under my bed," You stated. The grin on your face never faded out. To his eyes, it shines bright almost everyday- not once has he ever seen it burn down. A light that warms one's heart is a rare thing for him to see and for you to make his life bring back the anticipation, he know that the days will pass on with blinding lights.

The world turns silent and numb, filled with two people hanging out around in Hanma's eyes- just him and you.

How long did you ever got to touch the smooth wooden texture of the instrument held in your hand? Almost a year ago? Your vision seems to be hazy to remember these stuffs and so you shrugged it off.

Those days when melodies that can be heard from your apartment room, you missed that. Voices and tunes that resonates in this loathsome world gave hope for the both of you. Glowing like pearls from the dark corner of the room- left only but loneliness that lingers around.

You leaned slightly at your back, eyes that were focused on the neck of the guitar. Letting the strings pierce through the tips of your fingers by the time you added pressure towards the strings- it stings abit but it'll go away sooner and later.

It was nostalgic- memories starts flooding through your mind. You paused, forgetting about the person seated right beside you.

Hanma takes a glance at the young lady, eyes that were filled with concern. Why did you stop all of the sudden? Your wrist was just right about to sway up and down but nothing happened. Swallowing, the young man leans on your face whilst your mind was out of zone. "Are you okay?"

Hearing his voice made you come back to reality. You blinked, shaking your head while letting out a forced laugh, trying to dismiss everything. "I'm fine- I just forgot some chords. It is been awhile since I've played the guitar."

Nightfall was starting to take over, a breeze that passes by blowing the dead leaves that had fallen down the branche- the sound of young children playing with their friends echoes amongst themselves. Smiling and laughing soon will turn into frowns once they have seen the real world.

Someone out there, keep them safe from the horrendous world that you all are living in. You had already given up from saving them, there's nothing else you could do.

You sighed, a thin smile that slowly fades in your face. "I've never thought that we would still be together after months, Shuuji."

Sentimental feelings that started to surround the room that you both were staying in. If Hanma disappears in your life- how would you ever forgive yourself for letting them disappear? And now that you've grown attached to him, you don't want to make the same mistake all over again.

Hanma stays quiet- he was with you for months now. And spending his time together with the young woman made him fell hard. Oh, how could he ever recover from this?

"Don't think too much," The sides of his lips curves up and placed a hand on your head, messing your hair up. He doesn't want to think about what will happen with the future. You're right beside him after all.

"We ain't gonna leave each other." He reassured- are you even gonna give hope to his words?

Little by little, you could finally see Hanma clearly. The person he is and the one who stays by your side.

"Really?" You leaned on to his touch. The grip on the neck of the guitar loosens. Your hair covering your resting face on his shoulders. A gentle smile that he couldn't see with a flush face. You muttered, "Then I'm glad I got to be with you."

Enjoy the moment while there's still time. Who knows that everything will disappear with a blink of an eye, you can no longer take it back. Only guilt comes by, haunting your days. No one wouldn't want to experience that, right?

You didn't want to experience it twice.

"Do you think I'll ever get my first love?" You layed your head down Hanma's stomach. Eyes staring at the ceiling from above. Love is such a strong word that you couldn't even explain.

What's with the question? Hanma took a glance at you with letting a smirk go up against his face, "Was I not your first love?"

"Ehh," You gave an uninterested face- rolling an eye to the side. Teasing his feelings, you giggled afterwards.

Hanma... as your first love? It's complicated- the feelings inside. You just couldn't understand it. One of these moments takes you back to the past and another makes your face flushed just being with him.

As if a bullet made it's way to his heart but he chose to ignore the constant pain, thinking that you must be just joking. Hanma grips on his shirt with a pained face, "That hurts."

The both of you laughed and silence slowly takes over the spacious space. His thoughts that were slowly going empty breaks when you asked him a sudden question that caught him off guard.

A teasingly grin made its way to your face, "Shuuji, was I not your first love?"

Yes, you are.

-
giggles