Chapter 22: Tricksters

My name is Barry Allen, and I am the fastest man alive. When I was a child, I saw my mother killed by something impossible. My father went to prison for her murder....Then accidents made me and Daniella the impossible.
To the outside world, We're ordinary forensic scientists, but secretly, We use use speed to fight crime, and find others like us. And one day, I'll find who killed my mother...And get justice for my father. I am...The Flash.

At Barry and Daniella's lab....Barry was standing in front of his bulletin board.

"All right, this is everything that we know about Harrison Wells, which is actually not a lot." Barry said.

"Didn't you two read a whole book about him?" Joe asked.

"Yeah, 600 pages, and the big takeaway is, he's enigmatic." Daniella said. 

Joe turns to Barry and he says, "Your mom was killed by a speedster. Wells' machine turned you both into a speedsters. That's way too many coincidences for this old cop."

"Do you think that he wanted us to become The Flash and Bolt?" Barry asked.

"Everything he's done since that night you got struck by lightning and you were in your car crash...bringing you both to S.T.A.R. Labs, giving you both the suits, training both of you...it's all been to keep both of you safe." Joe said.

"And to make us go faster." Daniella said.

"Wells once said that he needed more speed from us. Why?" Barry said.

"I don't know. But he wants something from you two. We just need to figure out what it is." Joe said.

"Well, let's go get him then. Let's get some answers." Daniella said.

"We can't do that now as much as we might want to." Joe said.

"Joe, you had your suspicions about Wells from the very beginning. You thought that he might be the man in yellow." Barry said.

"Except the blood from your house didn't match him." Joe said.

"All right, so maybe he's not the Reverse-Flash, but you think that he knows what happened that night." Daniella said.

"Yeah..He may have the key to getting my dad out of prison." Barry said.

"Whatever Wells wants from the two of you, it started 15 years ago. He's been patient. Scary patient...You gotta listen to me on this. We have to be just as patient." Joe said.

"Okay." Daniella and Barry say in unison.

Joe covers up the bulletin board with a map of the city. 

***

Later at the Central City Park.....Children are playing on the playground while parents watched.

Suddenly parachutes containing small gifts, were falling from the sky.

One of the gifts hit the ground and it exploded....and everyone started running and panicking. More boxes explode which was heard all the way over to Barry and Daniella's lab. They looked out the window, see the smoke then Daniella and Barry zoom out.

Back at the park, a father was searching for his son, Henry....reaches out for one of the boxes and as he was about to touch, he gets rescued by Barry and Daniella.

"Henry? Nice name." Barry said.

Barry and Daniella zoomed away....there was a guy on top of the building, wearing a mask and recording himself.

"Tricked ya. Look who's back. My tricks. My treat. But I'll give you something good to eat. Today's special. A city in ashes. The Trickster proudly welcomes you all to the new disorder." He Said.