•Part 1•

||3RD PERSON VIEW||
All four party members, Dustin,Lucas,Mike and Will, sat eagerly on the edge of their assigned seats. Each watching the board spread out in front of them with curious eyes, the Wheelers water sprinkler echoing faintly in the distance.
"Somethings coming..." 
They each glanced to Mike, beginning to panic at his words.
"Something hungry for blood..."
Suddenly the boys face grew fierce, beginning to emphasise every word,
"A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness! IT is almost here."
Dustin rubbed the tip of his nose, which wasn't t some disgusting habit, it was more of a focus mechanism.
Suddenly Will Byers couldn't handle the waiting anymore, curiousty eating at him slowly,
"What  is it??"
"What if it's the demogorgon?" Dustin questioned, talking to himself more than any of the others,
"Oh Jesus we're so screwed if it's the demogorgon!"
"It's not the demogorgon." Lucas assured the now worrying boy, a hint of annoyance in his voice.
"An army of Troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike interrupted smugly, throwing a small creature figure into the centre of the game.
The boys chuckled between one another, letting their worries go as Lucas let out a small "Told ya."
"Wait a minute...."
Mike glanced to his left, examining the ground intensely as his peers watched in confusion.
"That.. That sound. Boom, boom..boom... BOOM!"
He cried out, making a loud bang on the oak wood desk , the boys flinching slightly as he did so.
"No that didn't come from the Troglodytes no .. That came from something else."
There was a small pause, the group throwing each other side eyes as they waited impatiently.
"The demogorgon!"
The silence turned into loud groans, Mike smirking to himself as he watched the chaos unfold.
"We're in deep shit!" Dustin whined.
"Fireball him!" Lucas ordered, glancing at Will who had the most power in this situation.
"I would have to roll a 13 or higher!"
Both Dustin and Lucas considered those odds,
"Too risky cast a protection spell."
The curly haired boy suggested, clenching his fist with worry.
"Don't be a pussy! Fireball him."
Suddenly Mike didn't find this entertaining anymore, deciding to force them into making a choice and fast,
"The demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps towards you, BOOM!"
The boys stared at him with startled expression, both turning to Will and tossing their ideas at him,
"Fireball him!"
"BOOM!"
"Cast protection!"
"He roars in anger and!"
The boys each began to yell in unison, Will making a quick decision to grasp the die in front of him and shake it harshly in the cups of his palms,
"Fireball!" He cried, watching the small cube clatter on the table before rolling away onto the ground and out of sight.
"Ah shit!" Lucas groaned, each boy climbing to their feet and yelling at each other in frustration.
"Is it a 13?"
"I don't know!"
"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god."
"Mike!"
The boys eyes widened, turning his head towards the top of the stairs where his mother stood, eyeing him suspiciously.
"Mom! We're in the middle of a campaign!" He cried , in otherwords, go away.
"You mean the end? Fifteen after!"
Mike whined , clambering to his feet and rushing up the stairs to try change Karen Wheelers mind, which he wasn't very good at.
"Why do we have to go?" Will murmured amongst the chaos, not earning a response from neither of his peers.
꧁꧂
"Mom please!" Mike begged, almost desperate enough to get on his knees, "Just 20 more minutes!"
"It's a school night , Michael!"
Mike flinched at the use of his full name, a face of annoyance taking over as his mom continued,
"I just put Holly to bed, you can finish next weekend."
"But that'll ruin the flow!"
"Michael!"
"I'm serious mom! The campaign took two weeks to plan!"
Karen couldn't help but roll her eyes at that sentence, quite startled at how much of a game nerd you would have to be for that.
Mike noticed this immediately, making another attempt to save himself, "How was I supposed to know it was gonna take ten hours?"
"You've been playing for ten hours?"
The boy shoved his tongue in between his lips,trying to hide the fact that he literally had no excuse for that one. He turned around on his heels with a groan, strutting towards his do-nothing dad who was currently setting up the small television.
"Dad ! Don't you think that 20 more-."
"I think you should listen to your mother."
Below in the basement, the rest of the young boys slapped objects around the place in a deep search for the die, leaving the room looking like the old junkyard.
"Oh!" Byers exclaimed, turning to both Dustin and Lucas,
"I got it!"
The pair waited intensely, pausing in their actions as they waited for Will to read out the results.
"Does a seven count?"
"It was a seven?" Lucas sighed, a hint of dismay in his voice.
Will nodded, almost knowing the answer by the boys tone.
"Did Mike see it?"
"No.."
"Then it doesn't count!"
Will sucked up this information, throwing the die to the ground in a hidden rage.
Eventually once their jackets were placed on their shoulders, they rushed quickly upstairs, flooding out into the garage of the Wheelers home where they left their bikes earlier that evening.
The only boy who didn't seem to be there just yet was Dustin, who promised he wouldn't tsk too long before running up the stairs with a pizza box in hand.
However, he returned with the same cardboard platform, a flustered expression proving something clearly didn't go his way.
"Somethings wrong with your sister." He suggested , masking his disappointment.
"What do you mean?" Mike groaned.
"She's got a stick up her butt."
Lucas nodded his head immediately glancing at Mike, "Yeah,it's cause she's dating that douchebag Steve Harrington."
Mike threw a look of confusion towards Lucas, half curious as to how he knew that.
It didn't take long for Lucas to notice this, attempting to give the boy a sense of understanding ,
"Y/n , she told me."
Dustin began to climb onto his bike, still rambling about Nancy's behaviour.
"Yep. She's turning into a real jerk."
"Shes always been a real jerk!"
"Nuh-uh, she used to be cool. Like that time she dressed up as an elf for our elder tree campaign."
"Four years ago!" Mike called after the pair as they cycled further into the distance.
"It was a seven.." Will mumbled, remaining beside him.
"What?"
"The roll. It was a seven."
Mikes brows furrowed in confusion at the honesty of the smaller boy,
"The demogorgon," He continued, "It got me."
The air went silent as Mike eyed him, rather startled.
"Well see you tomorrow!"
He grunted before placing his foot harshly on the pedal of his bike and heading down the back roads, unaware of the events that lay ahead of him that night, unaware of the chaos this would attract...
꧁꧂

||READERS POV||
I hummed slightly, leaning my back against the large phone box that has stood outside Hawkins High school for the many years it's been around. If i'm gonna be honest, I would assume the phone has reached a point where it probably doesn't emit sound anymore.
I tapped my right foot gently on the ground, a boredom habit of mine. First period was nearing and Johnathan Byers still hasn't shown up which was pretty peculiar, seeing as he always found a place to shame me for my recurring habit of being late.
"Y/n!"
I spun on my heels, hoping to be faced with the Byers boy but somehow , to my disappointment, stood Keith, alongside his cheesy puffs that stained his fingers with a sort of blood orange powder.
"What the fuck Keith!"
My temper was only raised seeing as he was chuckling, clearly dismissing my annoyance.
"Jesus" He groaned, "Only wanted to give you some information on your make-believe boyfriend."
I scoffed at this assumption, knowing well that Keith was almost more obsessed with Steve Harrington than Nancy Wheeler.
"I don't wanna know anymore, forget it."
My cheeks were red from embarrassment, irritation whirring around in my mind.
I barged away in frustration, not even bothered that both Nancy and her best friend Barbara Holland were watching the scene unfold, noticing that I clearly wasn't aware Keith had been speaking so loud.
I was suspicious as to why Johnathan hadn't arrived yet, my worry rising when i discovered he hadn't made it to first period. Usually he would have met me at this time, a rising anxiety getting the best of me as I took a turn down the hallway, pressing in the combination of my locker.
Each scenario began to play in my head, my mind telling me whether to dismiss each one or give a particular idea some more thought.
꧁꧂
Parents hurried about, some waving frantically from the outside of their vehicles whilst others beeped from the drivers seat. Students leaping on their bikes and rushing quickly out of the school campus, drained.
Any other day, I would have done that too but honestly I knew that I wouldn't have made it the whole journey back without worry eating away at me.
I rolled my eyes, coming to the conclusion that I would chance the continuously rusting telephone built into the school wall.
My eyes widened when I heard the phone line come through, a panicked female voice blaring through the speaker.
"Lonnie??"
I furrowed my brows in confusion, knowing Lonnie to be  Johnathan's Good for nothing dad, who left a little less than a year ago.
"Uh..no it's me Y/n.."
I heard a small sigh from Mrs.Byers, a quick change in the tone of her voice,
"Y/n, how are things sweetie?"
"Johnathan is he ill? I'm just concerned you see he hasn't shown up to school and-."
I heard a small sob come through the phone and i shifted uncomfortably, unsure of what to do in this situation.
"Johnathan!" She screeched, static beginning to belt off my eardrums as she handed the phone to her eldest son.
"Whose this?"
His voice was breaking , clearly trying to mask up some sort of emotion.
"Y/n.." I mumbled.
"Oh shit.." He whispered, "Look I'm so sorry I didn't show up today it's just Will's missing and we can't find him."
The colour drained from my face, sympathy washing over me.
Without responding, I threw the phone back into its holder, running through the large crowds of people, eventually leaping on my bike and taking off towards Mirkwood.
꧁꧂
My shoulders ached from placing my body weight against the thin metal handles of my bicycle, pedalling hard as the breeze bashed against my face. I hated making this journey, the trees swaying dramatically with every slight gust of wind, the road empty and the shadowy woods sending a small shiver down my spine.
It didn't take long until I reached the small residence, eyeing it anxiously as I climbed off my bike, pulling down the stand gently.
I rushed towards the front door, more pounding on the wooden surface rather than knocking.
I quickly changed my posture as the door handle began to jiggle, revealing Johnathan at the door to greet me.
My jaw was almost on the floor, gaping at his exhausted appearance . He had large purple circles surrounding his eyes, cheeks blotchy from where you could tell he's been crying. His usually bronze skin seemed to be paler than what I expected and in this moment I wanted to hug him tightly to a point I wouldn't let go.
"I have an idea." He whispered, out of reach of his mother.
I wasn't sure what to say, knowing whatever I responded would change the way of my night one way or another.

❝𝐋𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲❞ Stranger things 1|| Nancy x Femme readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara