Chapter 10

Opal's P.O.V.

It doesn't matter?!

I swear I can't trust anyone, I bet Danny told him because he thought I wouldn't. I want to hear him admit it.

"DANNY!" I scream as I run out of the study and towards the kitchen where I left him.

"Opal? What's wrong?" Danny ask standing up from the table, putting his phone in his pocket and coming towards me. He puts his hands on my upper arms.

"Get your hands off me!" I spit at him, shaking his hands off me and he looks taken aback.

"Why!? Why did you tell him?!" I yell at him.

"What are you talking about? Tell him what?" He asks looking confused.

"Opal! Knock it off! Come back and listen to what I'm trying to tell you." Parker says, walking out to where Danny and I are standing.

"Stay Out of this Parker!" I yell at my brother before turning back to Danny.

"Tell me why you told him about Kyle! I can't believe you! We're done!" I seeth through gritted teeth.

"HE DIDN'T TELL ME OPAL!" Parker screams, making me go silent. If Danny didn't tell him, then who?

"But i-if..What?" I ask so confused, breaking the silence after three minutes of standing there, trying to figure it out.

"I was kind of eavesdropping on you guys earlier.." Parker says scratching the back of his neck, looking pretty embarrassed.

"You were listening to my private conversation with my boyfriend?! That's great, I love not having any privacy.." I bite out sarcastically. I can't believe him.

"I'm sorry Opal but can we push past that for now and look at the real problem? We need to get the police involved. You can't let Kyle get away with what He's done." Parker says.

"No." I say shaking my head. "No." I don't want to.

"He's right Opal. You can't let him get away with it any longer." Danny says. Then being the boy he is realizes what I said merely seconds ago.

"Did you just call me your boyfriend?" He asks with a smile creeping onto his face.

"Yes you dope." I says shaking my head, why does he act so oblivious sometimes? The world will never know.

"Hello! Topic at hand here!" Parker says butting into our un-needed conversation.

"Right, sorry." Danny apologizes. "Opal you have too. It's the right thing to do." Danny says.

"Yep, what he said." Parker says agreeing.

"But, but I don't.." I start to agrue but stop. There's no point to it, Parker isn't going to let this go.

"Fine." I say giving in.

"If it will end this stupid conversation then fine. I'll do it. I'll talk to the cops." I sigh.

"Okay. We'll go down to the police station tomorrow." Parker says, nodding his head.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Opal's P.O.V.

After giving into Parker's demands I just feel strange. It feels awkward to know that he knows about Kyle. I just felt better when I knew only me and Danny had that secret to share. I trust Danny. I trust Parker too, I just didn't want him to find out this way. I'm actually really surprised that he hasn't flipped out and went after Kyle. I just need sometime to let this sink in. I really don't have much time though if I have to go down to the police station tomorrow. I wish this could have stayed quiet. I don't want all these people to know my business.