⁽ ³⁶ ⁾ "𝑆𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝐺𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on september 16th, 2021 @ 7:11am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX - STILL GROWING

"ALL RIGHT! INDIVIDUAL PRACTICE FROM HERE! We now have less than two months until the qualifer at the end of October. Work hard on improving individully!" Ukai announced as Atsushi sighed in relief while Hinata and Nishinoya bounced over.

"Yay!" The two exclaimed in unison. Atsushi noticed Yachi carry the basket with their jerseys to the wash, so he walked on over.

"Need a hand?"

"Oh, Atsushi. Yes, please."

Atsushi held the basket for her as the two headed outside, however they both stopped when a figure in a black hoodie walked by them. Yachi squealed in surprise which caught Atsushi slightly off guard and causing the unknown figure to slightly jump.

Atsushi blinked. "Ka-Ka—" Yachi stuttered but the brunette cut her off.

"I'm afraid to ask, but I'm gonna do it anyway. What the hell are you doing, Tobio?" Atsushi asked as Kageyama stared at them in shock.

"You could tell it was me?" He questioned in shock.

"Yeah..."

"Damn it!"

Kageyama takes off the sunglasses and his blue and white Hollywood cap. "W-Was that suppose to be a disguise?" Yachi asked as Atsushi smirked in amusement.

"It's not a very good one if I'm being honest." He added. Kageyama didn't reply as he looked away from them instead.

"Um, uh..."

"Out of everyone we might face in the qualifiers, there's one team I want to watch at any cost."

"I see! You're going to record a video of them or something!"

"No, there's an unwritten rule that you can only record official matches. So, it's not like anything will happen just because I go watch. There's less than two months till the qualifiers since summer break is over. I feel like I should definitely check them out." Kageyama ranted.

"If you don't want to stand out at a school after school hours, you should probably just wear plain training gear."

Kageyama widened his eyes as he turned to Atsushi with wide eyes.

"Oh."

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

Kageyama had gone off to who knows where, as the rest of the team was practicing their serving. Atsushi was about to sleep on the floor but Sugawara and Nishinoya made sure he stayed awake. Atsushi worked on his jump serves with Nishinoya receiving them for him.

"Ushijima-kun!"

Atsushi stopped and turned around, noticing Takeda walking over. This also gained the attention of his teammates. "Oh! What is it, sensei?" He asked.

"I just got a call from Shiratorizawa. Coach Washijo has requested for you to go over there and train with the team." Takeda replied, shocking everyone.

"Huh?!"

"Are they trying to steal Atsushi from us, huh? Are they?" Tanaka questioned, showing off his intimidating glance.

Atsushi sighed. "Relax, Tanaka-san. This is normal for me. I always used to go there during junior high. Besides, I could use this as an advantage for us. I can study Shiratorizawa and find loopholes in case we ever play against them." He replied.