Family

We went to Osaka the next day. Me, Kento-san, and the three first year students.

"Why are they coming?" I whispered to Kento-san.

"Gojo suddenly wanted this mission to be a learning opportunity." he sighed. 

"Yes I do." the tall man suddenly appeared behind us. 

We were standing in front of the school, waiting for Ijichi-san's car to pick us up to get to the station.

"There's no better way to learn than experience." Gojo smiled "Besides, I trust two of my juniors will do their best to teach my students."

"Right." I tried to smile. 

I couldn't lie that I felt pressured. 

"Hey," I looked up at Gojo "Have you thought about how serious this mission is? I mean, if it's going to be really dangerous.. Maybe you shouldn't ask the kids to come." 

"What do you mean? These kids faced danger everyday anyways." Gojo said. 

"Have you calculated the dangerousness?" I asked, eyes widening.

Gojo chuckled "Turned out you don't know me that well after all do you Y/N?"

"So I'm guessing you have another reason as to why you asked the first years to come?" Kento-san said. 

"You just read my mind." Gojo smiled. "I figured that the kids may need some vacation."

"Vacation?" I put a hand on my forehead, the sun was shining brightly and the man is basically a tower.

"Why can't they have vacation when the semester is over?" Kento-san asked.

"Look," Gojo sighed "I just feel that they've been working really hard these past few weeks. There's nothing wrong with a little vacation. Also, they should enjoy their youth to the fullest." 

"And where will we fit "vacation" on our schedule?" Kento-san asked again.

"You guys can stay a full day after whenever you find the guy and finish the mission."

That was so casual  I thought.

"I trust you parents can take care of the kids." 

-

 The mission now felt like a family trip. I feel like I suddenly have three younger siblings. The whole vision of this mission being dangerous turned upside down as soon as we board the train. In front of me were just three kids, goofing around. Their faces happy and excited. I couldn't help but to smile as I look at them.

"Why are you smiling. Y/N?" Kento-san turned to me. His face hidden from the front by a newspaper.

"I'm smilling because I'm looking at them." I nodded at the three kids "I never have a youth as fun as what they have now."

Kento-san turned to look at them. Then he nodded.

I turned to him and said "Don't you think it's strange that our job feels so casual, yet we can die at any point?"

Kento-san seemed to be thinking. He put down his newspaper and crossed his leg.

"Well it is how it is. We'll die anyways. In this job or not in this job." Kento-san turned to look at the kids, but it was Yuji he was looking at. "He reminds me a lot of someone I knew."

"Who?"

"You may not know him." he turned to me "He was my classmate. But he was gone when you enter Jujutsu High."