Chapter 1 - The beginning

Just in Love

Chapter 1 - The Beginning

              I arrived at Barcelona and I was blown away. I come from a very small town in the US. My family is Catalan but they've never been back here since they left. I was always interested in the city and now that I am 18 it's about time I see it. I had a box filled with my favorite pictures of my parents around the city and hope that one day I can take similar pictures with someone important to me. I looked at my watch and wonder if Lau is anywhere near the airport. She was supposed to pick me up so we could go to el Mini. I wanted to see the Barça B players. 

              I looked at the massive group of people and I finally found the girl with a Bojan jersey. She was dressed just like me, shorts and a bojan jersey. I grabbed my bag and ran towards her. I pulled her into a hug and we were jumping on and down like two idiots. I pulled away from her and saw that her curly brown hair was lose and she had a slight hint of make up. 

              "Lau!" I screamed and we hugged again.

              "Sarah!" She screamed back at me. It was weird for me to speak in spanish. My entire life I spoke in english and I only knew a little bit of Catalan because my parents never spoke it. "We need to get going, we need to be there at el Moni before the players leave the practice." She said pulling me towards her mother's car. "You do want to see Bartra?" She asked as she put my bag in the car.

              "You are seriously asking that?" I said following her into the car. Her mother greeted me in catalan and I tried to reply back. 

              As we passed the city I felt my jaw drop. It was all so beautiful. Lau's mom was driving really fast and I was a bit scared for my life, but we needed to get there before the players left. Once we arrived her mother told us that she was just going to go around Ciutat Deportiva and that she wants us to wait for her just at the same place she left us. We start walking towards el Mini and see a small crowd of girls. 

              "oh, my god!" I said all exited. This was my first time ever here but Lau, of course, was used to it and I really hoped it will be like that for me at some point. 

              We arrived just in time, some of the players started comeing out of el Mini. We ran towards the exit and start asking for autographs. I made small talk with the players and waited patiently for Marc Bartra or Sergi Roberto. I tried my best to not act like a complete idiot when I got to Marc. When I finally had Marc Bartra standing in front of me I was blown away. He looked so much better in person. With his dark skin and light eyes. His hair was so short and when he saw me he showed me that dazzling smile. 

              "Hi." I said and I was surprised at how low my voice was. I was a bit afraid he didn't hear me.

              "Hi."He said smiling again. I tried my best not to melt. "Do you want an autograph?" He asked as he signed another notebook. 

              "Yes." I said trying to not sound like and idiot. He was waiting for me to say something.

              "To who do I make it out to?" He said with a bit of a laugh.

              "Oh, right." I said looking into his eyes. "Sarah," I said and then remembered the other things I wanted to ask him. "I would also like a picture, if you can?" I said pulling out my camera while he signed my notebook. "and a hug... if that's not to much of a bother." I said and then regretted it. I felt like I was pushing it but at the same time I didn't. He continued to make eye contact with me while he signed multiple notebooks.