Chapter 4 - The Question

Just in Love

Chapter 4- The question

             “Sarah, how has school been?” My grandmother asked me in between bites.

             “Great,” I said with a smile.

             I’ve been in Barcelona for over a month now and it was still weird for me. My Catalan has gotten a lot better just like my Spanish, but at moments I miss my English. The Friday night dinners with my grandparents have become predictable. They always ask me about my 5 classes and about my friends. I lie to them about my friends because I haven’t made a lot of friends here. The only people I feel close to are Marc and Laura.

             I still can’t believe I am friends with Marc Bartra. He is so beautiful and so nice that I can’t believe it. He’s been working hard to make me feel welcomed in Barcelona. He calls me every day to talk and slowly I have been starting to have feelings for him. I try to not imagine myself with him like that but it seems impossible now. Every time we go out to dinner with his friends and he takes me home afterwards I want him to kiss me, but he never does. Most of the time I find myself day dreaming about what it would be like to date Marc.

             “Sarah,” My grandfather said once he was done with his meal. “The bank statement arrived this week and I noticed you’ve been at Camp Nou a lot.” He continued to say and I froze in my chair. I didn’t know if he was saying this because they didn’t weren’t okay with me going since they are the ones that are helping me with my living arrangements and university.

             “Yeah, I go when I can.” I said with a half-smile as the maid came by to pick up the plates from the table and bring dessert.

             “Did you get the commitment card?” My grandfather asked me and I was surprised by his question.

             “I did,” I said with a giggle. “It was a long progress and since I can’t become a member unless a family member is a club member.” The maid finally arrived with the dessert.

             “You should’ve come to me. You’re grandmother and I are club members, always have been.” He said with a smile.

             “Really?” I said interrupting him.

             “Yes,” He said with a smile. “If you are free tomorrow, we can go to the club and work things out so you can become a member.”

             “That would be amazing, granddad.” I said with a smile and started to eat my dessert. “Actually, tomorrow I was going to el Mini.” I said when I realized that tomorrow is Saturday and Barcelona B have a match at home.

             “Did you get the tickets already?” He asked and I shook my head. I was going to respond when he spoke again. “Perfect, I have season tickets. We can go see if my seats are available and we can go together.” He said and I was excited for tomorrow now.

             “Wait, does that mean you go to all of the games?”

             “I go to all of the matches at Camp Nou and Palau Blaugrana and sometimes if I can I go to el Mini.” He finished his dessert and then leaned back on his chair. I think he noticed the smile on my face when he mentioned el Mini. “We can see if I can change my Mini tickets so you can use them.”

             “That would be amazing,” I said it was really hard to hide my excitement.

             “Maybe she can go to Camp Nou with you too,” My grandmother said taking me completely by surprise.