Location Unkown

The cold tile beneath Natasha awoke her, head pounding, body trembling, mouth as dry as the Sahara. Upon realizing she sat in a freezing, dark cell, she jolted up, head whipping around frantically.

"Relax, we're alright," said Wanda from beside her. The blonde, shockingly nonchalant, laid on the floor on her back with her legs resting on the plexiglass wall that confined the pair. "Good to see you're awake."

"Uh.. you too, I guess." Natasha fully sat up, scooting into a corner, crossing her arms for warmth.

"Yeah, sorry about the cold. If I had a jacket, I'd give it to you."

"Sorry, do you have amnesia or something?" The redhead asked, off put by Wanda's amiable demeanor.

Wanda smiled mockingly. "No, I'm still pissed at you. It's your fault that we're in here, after all."

"My fault?"

"Yeah, genius. If you had listened to me from the start, we wouldn't be here."

Knowing the younger woman was right, Natasha bit her tongue, examining the room in closer detail. "Bickering will get us nowhere."

"Oh, so now you wanna play nice?"

"Maybe I do. We both see where undermining each other leads."

"Are you being serious?"

"Yes, Maximoff. At least for now. Our best shot of getting out of this cell is to put our heads together." She shrugged, eyes on the floor. "Plus, I'm just tired of worrying about both you and the international criminal."

"Why not just agree to work with me earlier? You see how it's better when we're on the same side, right?"

"I know, I know, I just... when you gave me the spear in Rome, I wanted to think it was an olive branch, or because you liked me or respected me or something." She sighed. "Then you asked for my intel, and it felt like you just wanted the upper hand, or wanted to take advantage of me."

"I'm not like that."

"Can't be too careful in this business."

"Do you trust anybody?"

"Not if I can avoid it."

Wanda sat up, eyes on the redhead. "Sounds lonely."

"It's not so bad. I got Steve, the big oaf. And once upon a time I had-"

"Clint?"

"Yeah."

"What happened there?"

"I trusted him, and he left."

"But you get why, right? It wasn't because of you. The FBI has a better retirement plan for his family, more protection for them."

"I was his family too," she responded quickly, bitterly, before deflating. "Yeah, I know why he did it. Still hurt."

"Is that why you're tying so hard to beat us?"

Natasha cracked a light smile. "Maybe."

Wanda crossed the room to sit at Natasha's side. "No one needs to lose, Romanoff. I was trying to tell you in Rome that Clint and I had been talking about trying to team up with you, officially. We both could've caught this guy ten times over if it wasn't for us shooting each other in the foot."

"Yeah, you're probably right."

"So what do you say? Truce?" Wanda asked, extending a hand.

"Truce." Natasha shook. "For now."