Chapter One- Introduction

WILHELM'S POV

Simon.

My Simon. Well, you see, he wasn't exactly mine alone. He was also Linda's Simon. Sara's Simon. But he was no longer mine. Mine to hold. Mine to keep. Mine to call mine. He belonged to his family and friends in Bjärstad.

Not to me.

Some people might think that living in a castle is exciting with the grand embellishments and servants to do your commands as you wish, but in reality, it's just lonely. Becoming the crowned prince wasn't what I wanted. I wanted to live a normal life like a normal person. Although, I guess you can't choose the family you're born into.

It's been a while since Erik's passing. A year actually. I've learned to move on but sometimes I find myself in a state of weakness because of him. Erik was my best friend. He was the only person that I could find refuge in within this oversized house called a castle. I found myself wearing his signature silver watch from time to time. It was one of the only things I had left of him.

I had nothing left of Simon.

Today was uneventful. Well, uneventful wouldn't be the right word to describe it, as there were events. My mother and father sat down with the castle staff to plan the grand gala while I went to a suit fitting for the same event. The gala is an annual event where all the rich and privileged people come from all over Sweden to the castle to do rich and privileged people things. I didn't care.

I'm stuck in a state of angst.

I just really miss my Simon.

I just really miss the feeling of him laying on my chest while I run my fingers through his thick, curly, brown hair. It always smelt of strawberries because of his shampoo. I caught myself stealing it every now and then.

I just really miss the warm yellow tones of his room and waking up in it beside him.

I just really miss our walks through the woods whenever we could sneak away from school to just enjoy each other's presence. His energy was always so positive. You didn't even have to talk to him to know how great of a person he is.

I don't care how hurt I'll get or how much I'll ruin my reputation while doing it but I've made up my mind.

I'm going to get him back.

WELCOME TO ROYAL FLUSH.