Chapter 2

SIMON'S POV

It was a cold winter's day when he first spoke those words that would ring on inside of my heart forever. 

I love you

The average person would love to hear those words from their significant other, their parents, their friends, their extended family, or anybody really. Those words would make them feel happy or cared for; but all I felt was pain. Never ending agony.

He was my first true love. He was the first person I could turn to and talk to about anything. He was my shoulder to lean on. He was my life. He was the kindest person I've ever met. He was my everything. But everything comes to an end eventually. My everything came to an end. 

My everything's name was Wilhelm.

I've been trying to distract myself from all possible thoughts about him. I never meant to turn out like my dad. Yes, I know that you're not supposed to drink your problems away or whatever, but that was truly the only thing that could help me right now besides Wilhelm, but I don't have him. 

So what do I have?

I haven't been back to Hillerska in months. I haven't even been home for most of my days. I tend to spend time roaming around the streets for fun. The world just feels like it has faded from technicolor back to black and white since my everything left. I find that I've been distancing myself from almost everybody I know, including Sara, and it makes me feel like shit. Maybe I should give her a call...

It rings and rings and rings. No response.

So I try again.

It rings and rings. No response.

So I try again.

It rings and rings. No response.

All I seem to get is the same old

'Hey! It's Sara! I'm either not here right now or I'm ignoring your calls so leave a message at the beep!'

So I do as she says and I decide to leave a message.

"Hej Sara. Det är Simon. Jag hoppas du mår bra! Jag saknar dig. Hur mår mamma? Jag älskar dig. Ring mig tillbaka när du kan. Hejdå." (Hello Sara. It's Simon. I hope you are doing well! I miss you. How is Mother? I love you. Call me back when you can. Bye.)

I hesitate but I eventually hang up the call. It's not like she even answered.

I walk and walk until my feet feel like walking across hot coal in Death Valley.

Hold on...

Is that Rosh?

A/N: Hey! Sorry for the very short chapter. I know that I haven't updated in...months. I've been busy with school and other stuff, but I'll try to get longer chapters out soon! Ily.