05

"Harry...?" The girl asked with wide (E/C) eyes. The Gryffindor felt his heart skip a beat when (Y/N) spoke his name - it's been so long since he heard her say his name. Merlin, he missed her so much.

(Y/N) fully faced Harry and lifted her hand to cover her mouth in shock, revealing the ring that she wore for over five years. Harry saw the ring in her finger and smiled; she was still wearing it.

She remembers him.

Without saying anything, Harry lifted his hand where he wore the ring in his finger for (Y/N) to see. With a small gasp escaping her lips, she grinned. "It really is you!" She exclaimed happily and pulled the black haired boy into a hug.

"Oh my god, I missed you so much!" (Y/N) said with a laugh and almost began to tear up. She didn't want to be too dramatic when she's finally reunited with her old best friend. Harry returned the hug tightly and closed his eyes with a wide smile. Oh, how he missed her laugh, her scent, her smile, her eyes.

Oh, how he missed her.

The girl retracted from the hug and scanned the boy up and down. "Look at you - looking all handsome!" She joked and playfully smacked his arm. Harry lightly chuckled with a small blush invading his cheeks. He didn't know how to talk to (Y/N), he just went up to her because he wanted to see her again.

(Y/N) didn't want to deny - Harry did look more handsome now. He still has his messy black hair, his green eyes, and his round glasses but his masculine features were more prominent now that he's older. He's also grown taller than the girl in front of him.

"You're in Gryffindor, huh?" She asked as her eyes drifted down to the red colored hood of Harry's robe.

"Uh... yeah." Harry nodded and frowned. "You're in Hufflepuff." He said and turned to look at Cedric Diggory, who was still waiting for the girl by the door. Harry's eyebrows narrowed angrily at the boy but immediately returned his happy expression back when (Y/N) chuckled.

"Really, I didn't expect you to be a wizard." She said. "Then again, I guess I should've known that you were one because you did a lot of weird stuff when you were still at St. Grogory's."

"Same here. What a coincidence, huh?" Harry smiled down at the Hufflepuff, who returned the smile with a grin.

"When did you come-"

"Tachibana!" Harry was interrupted by Cedric, who was still by the door. The two of them turned to look around and noticed that she, Harry, and Cedric were the only students left in the Great Hall. Apart from Filch and some professors, who were just tidying up.

(Y/N) waved at Cedric and turned to look at Harry. "Sorry, Harry. Maybe we should catch up tomorrow? It's late, after all." She said. Harry paused and silently cursed at the male Hufflepuff at the door before nodding at the girl with a weak smile.

"Alright. Don't forget to come by at the Gryffindor table, alright?" Harry told (Y/N), who nodded and briefly patted his shoulder.

"Good night, Harry! I'll see you tomorrow." She said before marching up at Cedric. The girl apologized at the sixth year boy, who only chuckled before the two Hufflepuffs walked off to their common room, which was in the kitchens of the castle.

Harry watched as (Y/N) followed Cedric, his lips curling down to an angry frown. He felt his eye twitch in anger but he immediately calmed himself down as he took a deep breath and shook his head.

He was the only student left in the Great Hall. He should go back to the Gryffindor common room before Ron gets worried.

'I shouldn't worry... I'm sure (Y/N) will only prioritize me while she's here at Hogwarts.' Harry reassured himself as he walked out of the Great Hall and back to his common room. 'I'm her best friend, after all.'