Chapter 1

"Father, our allies are turning away from us. We will not survive winter. All the corps are wilting. Our people are starving, children are sick." The Prince reports to the King after his daily patrol. The King sighs. Their corps start to rot after harvesting. No one knows why and no suspect found behind this. The court's physician concludes that this is a work of black magic but the Prince denied it. "Gulf, I can't watch this kingdom fall over rotten corps." Prince Gulf sighs. This is a sudden unavoidable crisis. "There will be a solution father."

Prince Gulf excused himself to his chamber. The problem in the kingdom stopped all possible ties with stronger and reliable kingdoms. All gave one reason, "Your kingdom is cursed by the devil."

"Devil?" Prince Gulf snickers as he removes his coat. "Show yourself Devil. I need to make deals with you." He whispers to the air, staring right into the woods across the kingdom from his window.

--//--

As usual the Prince goes for a round around the villagers to check on his people and listen to their complaints or troubles. There are four other knights with him. The Prince's horse, Shelly takes his steps slowly as he is used to the morning rounds. The Prince's morning rounds are Shelly's walk to the park. He is a war horse but being the Prince's favourite, he takes him for rounds.

"What is the commotion over there, sire?" A knight speaks and the Prince turns to look on his right. There is a group of people surrounding someone who is lying on the ground. He jerks Shelly and he gallops to the scene. The crowd makes way for the Prince, "What is happening here?" Prince Gulf hops down his horse and walks forward to the man lying motionless on the ground. "This man is dead sire." His knight informs after checking the lying man's pulse. Gulf rubs his chin, "Who is he? And who saw what happened?" He asks the crowd. His people start murmuring. "No one saw it Prince Gulf."

"Take him to the physician and have him checked. There could be a reason to his death or maybe some answers." Prince Gulf instructs his knights.

"Prince Gulf..." An old lady calls him. She is half is height, "Yes grandma..." He replies, kneeling down to meet her eyes. His people love him for all the endearment he has for his people. Prince Gulf treats everyone in his kingdom as his. "Will we all be fine?" She asks, taking his hand, caressing it. Gulf sighs unconsciously.

"I will try my best grandma. This will end soon.

~/~

He curses on his curse. Nothing irks him more than his curse. "My Lord. Dinner is served." He takes his place at the far most corner of his long lonely table. His servants start serving him with various meats, vegetable and fruits. One of them stays by his side and the others leave. "Wine or water my Lord?"

"Wine."

He eats in silence but the rumble and shakes that comes from above makes the whole dinner time less lonely. The clinks of his utensils laugh at his loneliness. The ruthless, fearless Underworld Lord has loneliness as his biggest enemy. "My Lord, are you alright?" The question snaps him out of his thoughts.

"I would like a tour to the world above." He commands his servant.

"But my Lord..."

"Get my chariot ready. I don't care what happens. I need this gone."

His servant remains at his position, questioning his decision. "My Lord, the first land you step on will be cursed."

He laughs. A loud roaring laugh. "Let my curse spread. How long will I have to endure my curse myself?!" His servant leaves the hall instantly to prepare for his tour. "Serve the rest to the hellhounds." He instructs and leaves the hall to go back to his chambers. He is leaving the Underworld after ages and he don't care if a land or Kingdom is cursed.