Part Thirteen

Bucky was freaking out and truthfully, you were too. You tried not to let it show, Bucky needed you right now, you had to be strong for him. You reached over to him and gently pulled the phone out of his hands.

''Let's get dressed and then we'll go see Tony.''

You almost had to pull him out of bed but he was finally up and changing. You quickly went to your room to do the same and met Bucky in front of the elevator.

''FRIDAY?'' You called out.

''Good morning agent.''

''FRIDAY, where's Tony?'' You were too on edge to exchange pleasantries with an AI.

''Conference room.''

''Thank you.''

As you made your way down to the conference room, you kept glancing at Bucky. He hadn't said a word, he had big doe eyes and panicked completely filled them. You didn't know what to say, you didn't even know what was happening. You needed to find Tony.

The door to the conference room was wide open and you just walked right in.

Finally, you saw Tony.

''Tony! What the hell is happening?''

He turned to look at you. ''You tell me.'' He moved towards you quickly, trying to get to Bucky. ''What did you do?!''

You stepped in front of Bucky, shielding him from Tony.

''Don't you dare.'' You warned him.

You glared at Tony until he took several steps back.

''You know very well that Bucky wouldn't do anything like that, and that he's been here the whole time.''

Tony's anger deflated. You were right. None of it made sense.

You continued.

''Someone's trying to get to him and we need to figure out who, why and if Bucky's in danger and we need to move fast.''

Both Tony and Bucky were surprised to see how assertive you were being. You were usually very shy, barely ever talked or raised your voice and here you were, giving orders to Tony. He almost wanted to fight you on this, he liked to be the one in control, but he knew better than to try and piss you off when it came to Bucky.

''I already have FRIDAY going through all the supposed footage they have of him planting the bomb and being there when it went off. We'll try to piece everything back together. It's safe to say that whoever did this, won't back down easily.''

You heard Bucky taking a shaky breath behind you, Tony's words were everything but comforting. You turned to face him.

''You should go get something to eat.'' You suggested, your voice was a lot softer than it had been a minute ago when you were telling Tony what to do.

Bucky shook his head. ''No... I should stay here and help.''

''I promise I'll come get you the minute we know something. Right now it's just a bunch of footage we have to go through. Go eat, please.''

He could never say no to you. He nodded and went back upstairs.

You quickly closed the door behind him and turned to face Tony.

''Is this HYDRA? One of them did say they would come for Bucky and bring back the Winter Soldier.''

Tony shrugged. ''I really don't know. Whoever is behind this is very determined to get to him. They aren't scared to make a big show out of it, I doubt there's anything they wouldn't do. It doesn't seem to be HYDRA's type. They usually work more underground.''