Prologue

Long Ago, before the Gurongi first threatened humanity, the prehistoric Lynt tribe of Japan was ruled by two brothers: Yoichi Shigaraki, the OverLord of Light, and Hisashi Shigaraki, the OverLord of Darkness. The two brothers each posessed mystical powers, known as One For All and All For One. When the Gurongi rose up against the Lynt, the brothers bestowed the noble warrior Riku with the power of Kuuga. Peace prevailed, until Hisashi became corrupt and struck down his brother. With all the life-force he had remaining, the dying Yoichi condensed his power into the Seed of Agito, and passed it on to one of the lesser Lords.

As time wore on, the Lynt discovered more mystic powers that their warriors could call upon to strengthen themselves: the Kivats, the Phantoms. Some even sacriviced their humanity to become Oni, and were shunned by society for it. Because of this, they formed a secret society, calling them selves the Ongeki Senshi.  But in the present day, these are all but forgotten. The only one still widely used is Gaia Energy, which the people of Japan use to harness the powers within themselves. These powers were known as "Meta Abilities", but were more commonly referred to as "Quirks". Soon it was discovered that only eighty percent of the world's population was capable of this, and the remaining "Quirkless" twenty percent quickly became a minority, despised by some, pitied by most. This is the story of a Quirkless boy who dreamed of being a hero, and how he achieved his dream.