The first day

Julie, Russ, Ken, Dwayne, Sophia, and Luis were all walking to the auditorium from their dorms. As the only members of the Ducks that weren't Minnesota natives, they had to deal with living on campus. Luckily they got to room together (Ken with Luis, Dwayne with Russ, and Sophia with Julie.

"You know, I think this place is really running low on the brothers quotient." Russ said.

"Yeah. I wanna know who this new Coach Orion is" Julie added. "My dad said if I didn't like him, I could come straight home."

"That's nice. My dad said I better stay in on scholarship or he'd woop my butt"

"Don't worry, Russ. She'd never even dream about leaving the best roommate in the world." Sophia chimed in, throwing her arm over Julie's shoulder.

"I heard in the dorm that the guy played for the Minnesota North Stars and got suspended for punching out his own coach" Luis said.

"You mean, the Dallas Stars" Dwayne corrected in his thick southern accent. "I heard he punched out a fan"

"I heard he was a Buddhist. You know, like Kung Fu or Richard Gere"

Little Kenny chimed in. "Kung Fu wasn't a Buddhist. He was a Trappist monk"

"Are you talking about the old Kung Fu or the Further Adventures of the New Kung Fu?" Russ asked, confused.

"Y'all watch too much TV"

"Shoot, that's the safest thing to do in my hood"

                                                                               MEANWHILE...

"Hey Fulton, have ever thought about shooting back into the alley and not the street?" Charlie asked, taking off his flannel to reveal his classic Ducks jersey.

"Not really" Fulton said. He lined up another puck and sent it flying with a grunt. Glass breaking and cats screeching were heard as Charlie cringed.

"I just found out Portman isn't coming. He's staying in Chicago. How uncool is that?"

Charlie let out an aggravated sigh. "You gotta be kidding me"

"Found out Bombay bailed and he bailed too. I mean, what good is one Bash Brother? I mean, what am I now, Mr. Bash? The Bashman?"

"At least, you still have your Bash Babe." Charlie commented, trading his Nikes for his rollerblades. "How's ole Breaker liking the new school?"

"I don't know. I haven't been able to talk to her all that much since she came." Fulton lined up his puck.

"Didn't you help her move into her dorm?"

"No, her grandparents flew all the way from New York to see her off. I didn't wanna get in the way." He shot again but this time a loud groan was heard as the puck made contact with a helmet.

"Ow! Hey, watch it, please! That hurt."

"Sorry Goldberg," Charlie apologized on Fulton's behalf.

"Oh, no problem, guys. Life isn't bad enough. I gotta worry about being nailed off the ice too. Why am I always getting shot at?"

"You're a goalie, dude. Deal."

"Well put. Thanks, Fulton. Real sensitive." Goldberg said, sarcastically.

"You're welcome." Fulton replied, smiling. He was still working on understanding sarcasm.

"Well, let's go. We wouldn't want to keep the preppy snobs waiting." Charlie hurried them along to pick up the rest of the Ducks. While that fiasco happened, the Ducks at Eden Hall were settling into the auditorium.