Dai

Jas: You and the boys get home NOW !

Jas never sent me an urgent text like that. I get Monte, Zari, JoJo and Tonio and we start walking home from the park. They keep asking me what's going on but I don't even know. We get home and walk in the house. I saw Tati and Kym on the couch hugging and crying and I instantly checked on my baby. I grabbed Tati and hugged her. "What's wrong bae? Why you crying?" She said nothing. "Tati baby, what's wrong? Talk to me." I looked at Jas who told us to sit down and she picked up Tonio. "Uhm... Ya'll Leah just called and told us... Mik was killed in a car wreck today." I looked at Jas for confirmation and she shook her head yeah. I hugged Tati tighter and watched Tonio break down in Jas arms. Kym cleared her throat before speaking. "We have to go to Columbia tomorrow, the birthday party's are off. We have to make funeral arrangements and figure out everything. Tati it's up to you what you and Tonio do. If you want to stay in Atlanta you can. If you want to move down here with us you can. It's up to you baby, your 18 and nobody can make you do nothing you don't want to but you have us and always will. Lord Jesus help us get through this." Tati moved away from me and went upstairs in our room. Jas sat down and held Tonio in her arms. Monte, and Zari sat quietly with tears running down their face.

It's 3 am and Tati wakes me up. "What's up babe?" I wrapped my arms tighter around her. Tonio was also in the bed with us laying on Tati. "What the hell am I suppose to do? How am I suppose to take care of Tonio, and keep him out the system. We have no family, I've never met my parents, I don't know about any aunts or uncles. Tonio is going to depend on me and I don't have any clue how I'm going to do this alone." I sighed and listened as she talked. I know she needs to vent and I'm here to listen. "Baby you got me and Kym. You got all of us. We all hurting, we all knew Mik. And you know you got Leah. I know it's hard baby. We'll get through it together. I got you." I kissed Tati forehead as I noticed she was finally dozing off to sleep. When she was sound asleep I layed there thinking until I fell asleep. This shit can't be real.