Luke was wearing a stiff suit belonging to Molly Brown's son. She had given it to him to borrow for the night. His hair was slicked back with perfection. He almost looked like he belonged there on the first class deck he stood on.

He looked out at the water, the bright orange sun drowning in the horizon. After a moment, he turned and walked to the First Class Entrance.

A steward bowed and opened the door for him. "Good evening, sir."

Luke nodded with the perfect amount of contempt. He's playing the role as good as he possibly can. And it's working.

When he stepped into the first class area, his mouth fell slightly ajar. He looked around in awe at the grand staircase crowded with people dressed in much too expensive outfits. The floors look like they costed more than what it took to build the entire steerage compartment. Luke had never seen anything like it.

He walked down the stairs, stopping at the bottom and nodding at passing people. As he turned, Nick walked past him, Rosa on his shoulder. He didn't even notice Luke standing there.

When Luke looked looked up the stairs, his breath caught in his throat. Julie smiled at him from the top of the steps, an elegant red dress fit on her body. She descended down the staircase, stopping on the last step.

Luke grinned, grabbing her gloved hand and leaning down to place a gentle kiss on it. He stood back up, though he didn't let go of her hand, and laughed. "I saw that once in a movie and I've always wanted to try it."

Julie laughed, turning towards where Nick and her mother stood. "Nick, surely you haven't forgotten Mr. Patterson."

Nick turned around, his eyes widening when he noticed Luke. "Patterson! I didn't see you there." He looked Luke up and down, nodding with a raised eyebrow and a half-smile. "You could almost pass as a gentleman."

Luke smiled. That was good enough for him.

~~~~~~~~~~

Luke was already drained by the time he had sat down to eat. Julie had pulled him around the room, introducing him to too many lavish-looking passengers. He knew almost every one of them was important but he couldn't even remember their names.

He sat down in his seat and smiled over at Molly, a gesture she returned.

So far, it seemed like everyone was convinced Luke belonged. That he was one of them. But of course, Rosa had to begin the meal by dismissing these assumptions.

"So, Mr. Patterson, tell us about the accommodations in steerage. I hear they're pretty good on this ship." She smiled and tilted her head. She knew what she was doing.

Luke sucked in a breath and readjusted his position. "The best I've ever seen, ma'am. Hardly any rats."

"Mr. Patterson is joining us tonight from third class. He was of some assistance to my fiancee last night." Nick pointed towards Luke's plate, speaking in a condescending tone. "That's foie gras. Goose liver."

Luke nodded with a polite smile. He ignored the glares from almost everyone around him. Though he couldn't hear the content of their whispers, he knew he was the subject of them all.

"How would you like your caviar, sir?" A waiter asked, leaning in towards Luke to hear his response.

"Oh, no caviar for me." He looked over at Nick to explain. "I never did like it much.

He looked over at Julie, earning a laugh from her.

"So, Mr. Patterson, where exactly do you live?" Rosa asked.