Short story

Sebastian's POV

After yelling at Harg and Kirk about leaving their squad behind getting eaten by titans, I felt upset and responsible for the soldiers to die in the hands of cowards.

I walked a way from them before talking to Chad and I felt my anger slowly going away. I went outside of the middle courtyard of the base as I walked up to a pillar in front and I leaned my back against it and I slid down and looked at the blue sky.

Me: "Well at least the skies are cleared when those soldiers passed."

I sat there for about five minutes looking into the sky and then I felt someone touch my shoulder as I looked and saw Leiko. She sat down next to me on my left and looked up at the sky with me.

Leiko: "It's beautiful..."

Me: "Yeah... it is. Just wish it last long."

Leiko nodded as she agreed and she looks at me with a concerned expression.

Leiko: "Are you okay?"

I looked at her confused wondering what she met and then I realized what she is talking about.

Me: "I'm okay."

Leiko: "Your lying. I've known you for a long time, Sebastian. What's wrong?"

I sighed and she was right, I wasn't okay. What Harg and Kirk said brought back bad memories when on a mission in Vietnam.

Me: "When I was back in Vietnam. One of my teammates betrayed us and let some of our soldiers die."

Leiko: "What happened?"

Me: "It was a set up for money. The guy sent us on a fake mission just to kill some of our men for only a thousand dollars.... Fifteen people died, ten escaped. There was twenty five of us and the guy who gave us the fake mission ran away. Since then I was really cautious of the soldiers in my crew."

I shook my head remembering that day and I punched the wall startling her a bit and I calmed down again taking a deep breath.

Me: "I felt stupid to think that was a real mission. I've been trying to find the guy who betrayed my squad ever since but could never find him."

Leiko: "Your not stupid, Sebastian. You cared for your squad and tried to avenge their death. I bet they would be proud of you."

I smiled at what she said and I nodded cause they all looked up to me like a brother. But then I felt scared cause I didn't want that to happened again.

Leiko: "What on your mind?"

Me: "I'm just scared of losing you and our friends. If anything happened to you or them then I wouldn't be the same without you guys."

Leiko: "You been there for all of us when we need you. All of them and including me will do the same for you."

I smiled at what she said cause she was right. I've always been there for my friends. Some people might choose themselves over others but for me I choose my friends over me and anything else.

Me: "Thank you, Leiko."

Leiko: "Your welcome."

We started talking for a bit then I looked up to see Daniel and the others walking up to us. I get up and walked up to them feeling bad about them seeing me snap at those idiots back inside.

Me: "Guys... I'm sorry."

Chris: "For what? You didn't do anything."

Me: "I mean when punching Harg and Kirk. I saw the faces you guys gave me and I'm sorry for terrifying you all."

Jp: "Got to admit, we never seen you that mad about anything before."

Daniel: "Why'd you yell at them by the way? I mean I get why but there was something else too, right?"

Randolph: "It was that day wasn't it, Sebastian?"

Me: "The betrayal? Yeah it was."

Alex: "Betrayal? What happened?"

Me: "It's a long story. Next time if we get a chance I'll tell you all."

I then see Captain Kitz who is a Garrison soldier but to me he looks like a moron with a messy hairstyle and that beard.

Kitz:  "All cadets line up!"