Chapter 1

The names Evangeline (Evan for short) Rose, i'm 17 years old I go to west high school. I guess you could say i'm popular but whatever. The only other person in my family is my dad he's a cop and ya you would think having a cop dad is fun...trust me its not.He tells me whenever theres a rapist, murder,etc on the loose and I used to freak out but know I don't because I carry pepper spray and a knife with me so i'm cool. Also this summer I had to go with him to capture 4 dudes who when we went to court all of them looked very familiar and they looked at me the entire time.

I got off of school and felt someone watching me as I walked home. I walked inside

"DAD!?"

"Downstairs honey"

"Okay!" I said I texted my best friend Kimmie to come over

"Hey" I smiled as my best friends arms wrapped around me.We went to my room

"Okay tell me everything" she said as she sat on my bed.

"So for the past 2 weeks everyday when I walk home I feel like i'm being watched and the other day I was gonna cross the street and as I was crossing it a black van came speeding towards me, Then Carter came up to me and asked me if I felt bad"

"about what?"

"I have no idea" I said and pulled out a cigarette and opened my window

"stop!!!"

"what!?"

"smokings bad" she growled and put out the cigarette

"whatever" I groaned "I wish I could just leave and go somewhere nice and live in a house with a balcony that when you step out you can see the ocean and the stars when you look up..it would be nice just to get away maybe meet some new people"

"that would be nice"

"yeah..."

"I gotta go Evan"

"OKay bye K"

"bye bye" she said and hugged me once she left I lit another cigarette and played "You Should Know Where I'm Coming From" by BANKS and just closed my eyes and the spring wind blew into my room. The next morning I got woken up by my dad

"Wake up...you're gonna be late" he said the cigarette must've fell "god did Kimmie smoke last night?"

"Yeah.." I sighed "Hey dad can you turn on the water for me"

"yeah" he said I grabbed some clothes and grabbed my brush and took a shower I then went downstairs and sat on the couch.